prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:01 am
Posts: 2590
Location: Belmont, CA
Here we go again.

https://www.scca.com/articles/2009585-f ... stablished

and the link to the participation spreadsheet

https://www.crbscca.com/public/runoffs/ ... acking.php

_________________
Tim Linerud
#95 GTL VW Rabbit GTI
2014 Runoffs Sunoco Hard Charger - GTL
2016 Western Conference GTL Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:15 pm
Posts: 168
Interesting. No criteria on how classes (If any) will be selected that dont hit 4.0

Seems like a tweaked version of the old and much hated 2.5 rule? They dont actually extinguish the class but any class that doesnt go to the runoffs would seem to be dead man walking to me. So the result is the same but with kinder, gentler wording IMO.

there is no politically good answer. i guess this is as good as any.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am
Posts: 287
always loved the B-Spec class idea, what wonderful timing when it was introduced.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:01 am
Posts: 2590
Location: Belmont, CA
I just wonder what new "spec" class they come up with, and magically doesn't get applied to the min 4.0 participation rule.

_________________
Tim Linerud
#95 GTL VW Rabbit GTI
2014 Runoffs Sunoco Hard Charger - GTL
2016 Western Conference GTL Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:16 pm
Posts: 5373
Location: Oregon City, Or.
mlewis wrote:
Interesting. No criteria on how classes (If any) will be selected that dont hit 4.0

Seems like a tweaked version of the old and much hated 2.5 rule? They dont actually extinguish the class but any class that doesnt go to the runoffs would seem to be dead man walking to me. So the result is the same but with kinder, gentler wording IMO.

there is no politically good answer. i guess this is as good as any.


Its a good way to kill more participation if that is your goal..:) Since you own a GT3 car again I know you feel the pain..

_________________
Joe Harlan Member #175515


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:15 pm
Posts: 168
i dont actually own the gt3 car but i do love the class and hate to see to fall victim to the ebb and flow. GTL and GT3, even GT1 cycle up and down it seems and right now GT3 is in a down cycle. GTL is barely afloat and GT1 doesnt have a lot of slack either..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:16 pm
Posts: 5373
Location: Oregon City, Or.
mlewis wrote:
i dont actually own the gt3 car but i do love the class and hate to see to fall victim to the ebb and flow. GTL and GT3, even GT1 cycle up and down it seems and right now GT3 is in a down cycle. GTL is barely afloat and GT1 doesnt have a lot of slack either..


wait a sec before you say gtl is barely afloat....the numbers don't reflect well yet..seattle and Portland will change that as will the NE..but I get what you are saying..

_________________
Joe Harlan Member #175515


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:15 pm
Posts: 168
just going by the numbers they have at the moment in their eligibility chart. i think gtl will be okay. gt3 i have real concern about...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:16 pm
Posts: 5373
Location: Oregon City, Or.
mlewis wrote:
just going by the numbers they have at the moment in their eligibility chart. i think gtl will be okay. gt3 i have real concern about...

sad part is the cars are out there and sitting. just like gtl somebody needs to organize getting them out and running. I had planned on both this year but the entry fees don't make sense..

_________________
Joe Harlan Member #175515


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:15 pm
Posts: 111
" Given the CRB's initiative to add new SCCA classes that make sense in the motorsports market"

I guess it comes down to an interpretation of what "makes sense" in the motorsports market, and which cars and classes just don't fit into the criteria anymore.

Craig


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group