2016 Majors Roll Call

Still trying to find money for the year. I'm hoping to make Hallett and MSR Houston, but that'll be it for the year.

jcspiegel":3aosh2o3 said:
Hoping to debut in GTL at Hallet, then Pueblo and High Plains for sure. Might squeeze in one of either MSR, Gateway, or Buttonwillow, depends on the $$$ available. Already have my room for the Runoffs - I don't know if that's good planning or a way to jinx things though :roll:

Not sure I can make Hallett, but I'll see you at HPR and Pueblo. Also planning on either the Sprints or Cat Nationals at Road America. Would love to get back to Hallett But still trying to get the Daytona damage fixed. Personally, I'd skip MSR. My car doesn't have enough ground clearance to run there and Road America is closer.

Mazda Jon":1qaowdi7 said:
Not sure I can make Hallett, but I'll see you at HPR and Pueblo. Also planning on either the Sprints or Cat Nationals at Road America. Would love to get back to Hallett But still trying to get the Daytona damage fixed. Personally, I'd skip MSR. My car doesn't have enough ground clearance to run there and Road America is closer.

You better be at Hallett. I hear there's a big birthday party at Hallett Friday night...

Looks like Road Atlanta, VIR, Mid Ohio, June Sprints for me.
Great post, like to see what everybody's plan is. Could bring a few more guys out if they know who is planning to go.

My priority races are

4-9 Hallett
4-30 Blackhawk Farms
6-17 RA June Sprints
7-30 RA Cat

Hopefuls are

6-3 Mid Ohio
7-9 Gingerman
8-13 Grattan

The kids are out of fast pitch softball, so I have a lot more time! Might as well turn money into noise! :p

nola, road atlanta, vir, the sprints, and try and find a mid oh race after. Then i can start testing my new fp car for the 2017 season.

Mazda Jon":3t91cwee said:
jcspiegel":3t91cwee said:
Hoping to debut in GTL at Hallet, then Pueblo and High Plains for sure. Might squeeze in one of either MSR, Gateway, or Buttonwillow, depends on the $$$ available. Already have my room for the Runoffs - I don't know if that's good planning or a way to jinx things though :roll:

raise ride height 1/2" and come to MSR anyway. it's a no-brainer for me since I can hear the big bore cars running there from my house..

Auto Club Speedway - completed 1/29-31
Willow Springs - 2/20-21
Thunderhill - 4/8-10
Buttonwillow - 4/28-5/1

Plan on running some FP and GTL, but this may change as the season progresses or the Runoffs schedule is posted.

Nothing definitive yet but there is a good chance it will involve more east / mid west tracks.

Pittsburgh, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen & July Road America

If not those it will be Hallett, Pueblo, High Plains

Plans are still fluid...but looks like

Grattan..but E or H is still up for debate (will be back for my wifes grandpas bday)

Pueblo and Mid Ohio...again E or H (if i read this right...back to back weekends)

all is tentative as i'm trying to plan from the far east

I plan on doing Summit, Pitt, WGI and Mid Ohio or NJMP.
I was planning on Pocono, the closest track to me. The changes to the track in the last couple of years have made much more interesting using both infield sections. I hope it gets back on the schedule in the future. Since this was the only SCCA race at the track this year it will be the first time in over more than two decades the I haven't raced there.

Johannes Krauss
HP VW Scirocco

VIR, Summit Point, maybe Pitt, M-O and NJMP. Don't think Pitt is such a good layout, too many blind turns, and not enough corner workers - 1st majors there some flag stations were not manned.

EPrill":3pi9nh4j said:
Mazda Jon":3pi9nh4j said:

You better be at Hallett. I hear there's a big birthday party at Hallett Friday night...

No way I'm going to make Hallett. (I do still have the Suzuki, hummmm) Every time I look at one thing I find something else that needs repair or rebuilding or replacing. Glad I didn't try and fix it for Daytona.

Back