Rules out .

Protech Racing

Amazing. I ask for a 2.0 Mazda 3 to be listed in T4. It is the most common Mazda 3 with a stick ,Base model. The 2.3 is listed and is the same car plus 300cc. But hard to find. It's Listed at 2550 or so.
I ask for the 2.0 to be listed at 2400 ish , AS the MX5 uses the same engine. Reply is to use the 2.3 engine ..

I ask to revisit the prod lift rule as measured. I have no responses any where that opposes measuring lift as raced.

Reply is no . I ask for member input, reply is no . (Actually deleted from my letter.)
Wow.
Way to listen to your customers..

The Mazda in T4 thing sounds like it makes sense. Do you have production data for that vehicle to tell the story in numbers? I’m sure one of us here could find that if you don’t.

On the cam lift thing, I just don’t see a reason to make that change. The current method of measurement is simple and accurate. The current competitive balance is, overall, very good in the prod classes. Making this change will drive many to go develop new custom cams, which may enable new levels of performance, which would drive new cam spec, or weight, or fpr adjustments - all to end up, ideally, right back where we are. Of course measuring at the valve will also add the variable of temperature to the equation, meaning the value may not be consistent on top of all that.
I thought this had been requested in the past (maybe a number of times)(maybe by you?). I’d let that one go and just keep racing.

Up date; The CRB and some B spec peeps started another class in about February. T5 . The class covers most stock 120- 150 HP newer cars . Like my Mazda 3. Listed a bunch of cars in the window , Yada.
Our car may be a player even . Cool.
April Fastrack comes out. T5 gets renamed to C Spec. Same cars listed. We finish the car to the spec line in C Spec.
So now, we re ready to race the car in C spec , only lacking the required 17 in wheels . We bought 15 for the T 5 class.
This month Fastrack comes out . Our car ,as well as a few others, have been removed form the class.
WOW, SCCA really working to add to its numbers.
I'd call Eric if I thought that it would matter.

Back