front cross member

TONY MACHI

Merry Christmas everyone; I hope you get everything you deserve.
It is time to start making the changes I want to make to the hotrod. I would like your opinion on which of these front cross members that fit the gen 2 Honda CRX; I can use. #1 is stock with change in bushing. #2 is an after market replacement. It is used by drag-racers to control the front wheel movement. (This is my preference) #3 is a modified stock cross member subframe. It is very much like the the after market piece.
All you rule nerds let hear from you. I want stay as a Level 2 car.

Attachments

• TRANCTIONBAR.jpg
    TRANCTIONBAR.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 12,881
  • BARS 2-3.jpg
    BARS 2-3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 12,881
I agree with Ian. In Level 2 suspension arms are unrestricted, but subframes are not. My Integra (same suspension design as your & Ian's CRX's) had a kit like #1 on it when I first got it, but I quickly replaced it with a stock front subframe and radius rods because I didn't feel it was legal.

I think #2 and #3 are easier to deal with for maintenance.

However I agree with Kevin. I don't believe it is legal.

Back in the day when I ran my FP Civic HB - the one in my profile picture, I built some yokes that bolted into the stock crossmember (basically a slug with a pair of ears). Then I built radius rods with rod ends that bolted into the yokes. Car felt significantly more confident under hard braking, and a little crisper at turn-in, although some of that could have been placebo effect. There are also some bolt-in spherical bearing conversions for the stock crossmember that used the stock radius rods (I designed the ones that we sold under the Progress Technology brand), but those were a bit more maintenance intensive.

Back