Spridget Pedal box

bfrank84

Putting new pedals in our Spridget. Not sure the master cylinders and reservoirs will fit under the fender. Are we allowed to recess the panel under the pedals or is that considered part of the fire wall? Also thinking about using remote reservoirs but not sure if they need to be above a certain level to function. Thanks.

Remote reservoirs just need to be higher than the inlet on the master cylinder, and they need to have a downward slope to the hoses the whole way. no dips or "P traps". last car I had, the hoses had a dip in them I couldn't avoid due to structure in the car, and I had to lift the right side of the car waaay off the ground and thump the hoses for several minutes to work all the air bubbles out before I could bleed the brakes. what a PITA!! Avoid if possible.

We are installing a new Tilton #72-608 Overhung pedal assembly with Tilton master cylinders and reservoirs. Still working on the mounting so don't have any pictures. Old pedals sat on the original panel but we cut it out because it was weakened. We are going to build a box frame to hang the pedals from to give it some more strength then replace the panel. Not sure the reservoir caps for the clutch are going to fit under the fender. Was thinking about trying to recess the new panel so we could lower the master cylinders and reservoirs. Wasn't sure if this would be considered modifying the fire wall though. Was concerned about doing remote reservoirs and getting them high enough. To add to the challenge, the forward leg of the roll bar goes along the right side of the foot well so we have to keep the pedals to the left. Thanks.

Back