G Production to be Revived

Greg Amy

Administrator
Staff member
SCCA rumored today that a long-forgotten class is to be given reconsideration.

G Production, a class that was "canceled" over a decade ago due to lack of participation, is to be revived for competition in Majors, Super Tour, and Runoffs competition.

Its rejuvenation will have a bit of a twist: anything in H Production today that was not in HProd back in 2007 will automatically be moved to G Production (pending subsequent classification considerations), and no vehicle newer than 1970 (half a century old, happy birthday!) will be considered for H Production in the future (continuance cars allowed).

Anything British and/or engine smaller than 1188cc, will remain in HProd. Anything German, American, Korean, or Japanese (or anything else not British) will automatically be moved out of HProd. French, Italian, Irish, Polish, and Scottish cars will be considered British for purposes of vehicle classification.

Anything larger than 1797cc may go to FP. Or possibly EP, we're still thinking about it.

2L 4-cyl engines will absolutely go to FP or maybe EP, depending on our mood (don't annoy us about it).

Of course, with all things SCCA, there will be randomized numerous exceptions to this "philosophy".

Any member with input to this proposal should contact their Board of Directors representative with their feedback.

Thank you for your input!

Greg Amy":2bm2rir6 said:
914's with 2L engines will absolutely always be in FP or maybe EP, forever and ever, because you annoy us about it.
Fixed.

It's actually the only thing I've physically etched in stone.

Time to bring my FSO Warsaw Polski Fiat 1500's out of the shed - not to mention my Syrena (1.5 l, 3 cyl two-stroke, the Polish Rolls Royce since it probably cost the state 100K to build each one which sold for about 2k-

Back