prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:48 am 

With all due respect to Jim and Les, ad hominem attacks based on "seniority" are not a good look for Prod. A perceived unfriendliness to beginners, outsiders or younger people will hurt the category in the long run if not sooner.

I've asked people in the past if they'd considered Prod, and the response a couple of times was basically "Hell no, I looked at the forum". Really!

To be clear, that was the fault of others, long gone, but the tone of this forum is indeed noticed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:08 am 

Aaron Johnson wrote:
2023, Traction control?

Legal now. Engine management is free.

H has ALWAYS had TC! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:55 am 

Aaron Johnson wrote:
Legal now. Engine management is free.

Holy S***!
You're saying the Mayas were right?

I've been looking all over my Zenith-Strombergs for the TC setting.
Only thing that seems to make a difference is the string that goes from the butterfly shaft to the go pedal.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:41 pm 

A spridget has traction control, it's called a 100hp motor. And I guess 90 ft/lbs torque counts as yaw control, who knew that 1960 tech = 2020 advancements.

#27 H Prod Midget
WDC Region

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:05 pm 

mmacquee wrote:
A spridget has traction control, it's called a 100hp motor. And I guess 90 ft/lbs torque counts as yaw control, who knew that 1960 tech = 2020 advancements.

Apparently the Mayans, which you have to admit is impressive! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:14 pm 

Al Seim wrote:
With all due respect to Jim and Les, ad hominem attacks based on "seniority" are not a good look for Prod. A perceived unfriendliness to beginners, outsiders or younger people will hurt the category in the long run if not sooner.

I've asked people in the past if they'd considered Prod, and the response a couple of times was basically "Hell no, I looked at the forum". Really!

To be clear, that was the fault of others, long gone, but the tone of this forum is indeed noticed.

That’s fine but I have learned that you need to have thick skin in life and if you can’t handle some harmless joking then be prepared to always find somewhere to hide and pull the covers over your head.

Integra FP #33

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:38 pm 

Waiting on all those old British car drivers to retire and head for Florida. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:37 pm 

Al, yes and when you post like you are a competitor maybe once in a while it needs to be said you are not. I ran prod cars from 1975 until 2008 and crewed or owned over 40 cars that ran prod. My question to Brett was serious, when is the last race he ran a prod car. I was on the Prod Ad Hoc Committee for many years and led the way in limited prep. I believe every other person who posts on here races or has raced a pro car. Al, do you know what business Brett is in? Do you know when he last raced a prod car? Don't see how this can be viewed other than what it really said. There's no seniority here. Tonight, I just finished my 5th race weekend in the past 6. Not ready yet to retire, Brett. And it sure won't be in Florida if I ever do.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:43 pm 

Thats great experience Jim, should help nicely. Feel free to ride on over here and help me get the two engines built, two transmissions assembled, the wiring harness built, the chassis fab finished up, the suspension component construction built, the body work done and then some paint.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:04 pm 

What ARRRR ya building?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next