prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:19 am 

Maybe not.
Marketing 101' "It's not the product, it's the perception of the product that sells"

Very little /no performance increase will result on the same rotors . Heat is heat and must be reduced or removed faster .
1% should make up for the 2# per corner .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:58 am 

The Prod category seems pretty healthy... Good participation throughout the year, and in all three classes at the Runoffs. So we might as well screw with it. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 am 

The Fit is listed at 2250, making it one of the heaviest cars in the class. Not sure you will find a bunch of guys clamoring to run that car, but there will be a bunch of Bspec cars out there soon enough so who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 am 

Jason@SportsCar wrote:
The Prod category seems pretty healthy... Good participation throughout the year, and in all three classes at the Runoffs. So we might as well screw with it. :roll:

Exactly.

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/AllState

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 am 

Jason@SportsCar wrote:
The Prod category seems pretty healthy...for the current entrenched participants. So we better start thinking what's going to happen as these people start falling away and leave cars that younger people don't want to drive...or repair

Fixxed.

(You honestly couldn't pay me to race a LBC. Literally. Well, there's a price for everytihng...but I honestly have no interest in them. Hey, just sayin'...)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:41 am 

Greg, the person whose quote you changed drove a Yaris!
There area pages and pages of Makes and Models in the PCS that are not British.

I would never want to race a Civic, but even they are in there at only 4 years old!

Appropriately changing the performance potential of new cars as they come in is MUCH easier and more fair than changing all existing cars.
(Does this even need to be said? I think it's very obvious.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:18 pm 

Anthony, I know that. And, being a former 2-time National Champion, he's fully entrenched in the way things are now. That's the irony: old guys are saying we don't need new cars/technology; new car guy is saying we don't need any newer cars/technology.

Notice how everything is always perfect when one is already successful in it? "No need for change, we're all good!"

I'm not the kind to jump into an attractive category and start pissing on everything to change it; after all, one of Prod's primary attractions is its consistent ruleset! (Laughing at you, Showroom Sto...errr, Touring. And don't think you're off the hook, Super Touring.) But it's also false economy to throw down a point in time and try to keep everything exactly the way it was for eternity. It won't work. "The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on"...

You have the opportunity to direct that change. Don't let the caravan leave you behind.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:29 pm 

Greg Amy wrote:
Anthony, I know that. And, being a former 2-time National Champion, he's fully entrenched in the way things are now. That's the irony: old guys are saying we don't need new cars/technology; new car guy is saying we don't need any newer cars/technology.

Notice how everything is always perfect when one is already successful in it? "No need for change, we're all good!"

I'm not the kind to jump into an attractive category and start pissing on everything to change it; after all, one of Prod's primary attractions is its consistent ruleset! (Laughing at you, Showroom Sto...errr, Touring. And don't think you're off the hook, Super Touring.) But it's also false economy to throw down a point in time and try to keep everything exactly the way it was for eternity. It won't work. "The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on"...

You have the opportunity to direct that change. Don't let the caravan leave you behind.

I would rather the CRB be spending its time on classes that are under 4.0, and showing up at the Runoffs with sub 20 car counts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:10 pm 

Greg , The new cars have decent brakes . They dont need any help.
The old cars with old guy owners, have crap brakes but we somehow got them to work .
The guys that need to have real brakes can go help GTL .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:50 pm 

I encourage active racers/builders to submit a letter for or against this proposal. Don't get left out because you didn't send in your opinion.

I'm for it, you decide for yourself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next