prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:49 am 

Matt93SE wrote:
Prod has a better participation rate, but the magic is just lost, especially when you know you'll never win a Majors unless Reynolds doesn't show.

Speak for yourself. My car has the capabilities to beat Reynolds, just gotta find a driver, HAHA.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 am 

Switching classes or sanctioning body or style of motorsport or whatever won't change the fact that you're going to have a hard time winning when one of the perennial best in the country also shows up. It just sucks for you that in your class, "that guy" also lives local (in Texas terms) to you. :lol:

It's funny, I look at STU as an even bigger moving-target-arms-race-hopeless-money-dump than EP is.

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:59 am 

It does seem to be left in the dust compared to other cars.

I think a letter to just re-evaluate the car will get the compression bumped up and weight down some.

Also, might consider asking for alternate brakes 300zx and q45 are bolt on swaps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:11 am 

dakar318 wrote:

I think a letter to just re-evaluate the car will get the compression bumped up and weight down some.

Also, might consider asking for alternate brakes 300zx and q45 are bolt on swaps.

You shut your mouth, there are no brakes other than the stock brakes in Prod. You will ruin the whole class philosophy. :boohoo:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 am 

Brett W wrote:
Matt93SE wrote:
Prod has a better participation rate, but the magic is just lost, especially when you know you'll never win a Majors unless Reynolds doesn't show.

Speak for yourself. My car has the capabilities to beat Reynolds, just gotta find a driver, HAHA.

I can regularly outrun him on the start in the RX7. It's just that whole turn 1 thing and it's all over! :(

kruck wrote:
Switching classes or sanctioning body or style of motorsport or whatever won't change the fact that you're going to have a hard time winning when one of the perennial best in the country also shows up. It just sucks for you that in your class, "that guy" also lives local (in Texas terms) to you. :lol:

It's funny, I look at STU as an even bigger moving-target-arms-race-hopeless-money-dump than EP is.

yes, yes it is. then STU first started, the engine rules were more like limited prep Prod, plus possibility of a sequential. now? OMG no. my personal opinion is to throw the whole engine section out the window and give everyone a weight/ inlet restrictor chart. build what you want, pick your desired weight, size restrictor to that weight, tune, voila. but hey that's just me. Instead this guy gets a turbo, that guy gets a supercharger with a 3" pulley, the other guy gets a supercharger with a 2.5" pulley + 50lbs - 1%.... ugh.

dakar318 wrote:

I have a feeling if someone bolted on Q45 brakes, nobody would notice until you got to runoffs. they fit under 15" wheels and are a sliding piston type.. not saying that's kosher, but it would be hard to police by the local tech guys since the car is so rare on track anymore.
the 300ZX has a huge 4 piston caliper so would be easier to see.. but the rotors are still the same diameter ~10.5" as the 240SX.. As with most modern cars, there is a HUGE list of aftermarket and OEM stuff that bolts onto these cars and makes them much more reliable and speedy... just none of it is legal in Prod. (which is why I started in STU....)

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:47 am 

Every Spridget in prod gets alternate brakes. Spitfire rotors, MGB calipers and whatever design you want for rear discs, just can't be larger diameter than the fronts. Can will drill our front or rear rotors yet? I have not read a current GCR recently ( I hate reading books on my netbook).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:09 am 

Jerry, you're old enough to use the "I thought I read that somewhere" excuse.

But, on a bugeye, why would you need cross drilled rotors? Randy used to stop his rocket with stock front drum brakes! Remember watching him adjust them before each session.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:30 am 

FP Racer wrote:
But, on a bugeye, why would you need cross drilled rotors? Randy used to stop his rocket with stock front drum brakes! Remember watching him adjust them before each session.
It is true that Randy did race with stock drum brakes. I saw them. He had the philosophy of "I'll change to something better when someone who has it beats me". He ended up with a full coilover suspension and had Penske's before I did.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:17 am 

Brett W wrote:
dakar318 wrote:

You shut your mouth, there are no brakes other than the stock brakes in Prod. You will ruin the whole class philosophy. :boohoo:

:lol:

yeaaaa buuuuut, there is the whole alternate brake column in the spec line that suggests otherwise.... and the example of Rx2's and 3's allowed rx7 brakes and calipers, then all non z datsuns allowed 240/60/80z brakes and calipers...

and some crazy TR8 gets a brake kit with calipers from who knows what...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 am 

Be easier to just allow a price capped 4pot caliper and max rotor size, but............... :boohoo:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next