Allow SM or B Spec tires and wheels for all ?

Protech Racing

This option was turned down . Why? Theres no real reason to not allow these options. The request was for the cars that have less than 15x7 wheels, to use the larger size along with the SM or Hankook.

This simple request would allow less serious cars to use cheaper tires and wheels . Seems like a win .

Oh,it also looks like the American racer deal will go away if a few of us put in letters.

It's already been given an explanation. Twice. If all you're wanting is for "less serious cars to use cheaper tires and wheels", then why can't those folks use some cheap steel wheels and R-DOT or 200TW tires, that fit within their existing max wheel size specification? Is that too cheap/expensive, too competitive/uncompetitive, or some other form of doesn't fit the requesters specific situation? The fact is that options already exist to do exactly what is being touted with this topic, without having to create more special rules that go against the typical philosophy of the PRODUCTION category and create even more confusion and inconsistency to our rules.

I'm already a "donkey on the edge" with prod class, if I had to sacrifice slicks for DOTs I'd just go run STU.

I guess I'm saying, it appears like you're asking the entire prod community to change. Seems like a monstrous ask.

Not that I'm against cost savings, but 100 people buying new wheels and tires doesn't seem like the right move.

E5nD6kxXIAUay2O.jpg

https://philstireservice.com/product/nankang-ar-1/
I run these in the 13in 235size. They are over 1 yr old and went 2:36 last month at Sebring . I have only 2 tires and they are good for another 20 rounds ? They need power at turn in- more than the Hoes.

I agree that its not really an issue . Those few cars that can fit the SM tires inside of the wheel wells and tolerate the raised ride height , may be using them already and nobody cares. To get in the hunt , you have to change the gear set and suspension and fight the polar moment physics .
Just a few things to ponder . Theres a lack of traffic on this site . We should make race result stories and some sort of post at least daily . At least make it look like we are having fun and bitchin about something.

Protech Racing":21d9vczx said:
https://philstireservice.com/product/nankang-ar-1/
I run these in the 13in 235size. They are over 1 yr old and went 2:36 last month at Sebring . I have only 2 tires and they are good for another 20 rounds ? They need power at turn in- more than the Hoes.

I agree that its not really an issue . Those few cars that can fit the SM tires inside of the wheel wells and tolerate the raised ride height , may be using them already and nobody cares. To get in the hunt , you have to change the gear set and suspension and fight the polar moment physics .
Just a few things to ponder . Theres a lack of traffic on this site . We should make race result stories and some sort of post at least daily . At least make it look like we are having fun and bitchin about something.

I miss the days when we talked about racing. There's been a bunch of prod guys already run this year who haven't mentioned much.

Personally, I wonder if anyone cares what happens when I race at Pueblo, so I don't bother much.

blamkin86":1z72hbbh said:
I miss the days when we talked about racing. There's been a bunch of prod guys already run this year who haven't mentioned much.

Personally, I wonder if anyone cares what happens when I race at Pueblo, so I don't bother much.
Oh, stop. This place has always been a bunch of grumble bunnies. Hell, before everyone moved to social media even the Improved Touring forum talked about how bad this place was for argumentations...the Improved Touring forum, center of the ruiles-complaining universe!

"Pueblo"? That's a track out in Alberta, right? - GA

Pipe up anytime and talk about prod racing, either here or on the facebook page.

Looked like some dicey conditions at Road Atlanta. I must say, the new video and commentary is night and day better. Great video shots all around the track. Looks like the guy who bought the white 325 in EP is coming up to speed fairly quickly.
Looking forward to bringing the BMW to VIR in a couple of weeks.
For those of you that don't know, Greg Ira is driving the car this year and it's also currently for sale for a post runoffs pick up. Hit me up if you're interested in owning the fastest EP car in the country! Pick it up at the runoffs if you'd like!

Mazda 2 @ #1920 # 100 HP stock .
Toyota Yaris @ 2100# . 106 HP stock
Both 16V . both at 11/1 and .390. valve ift . Who can explain the 180#?
Thanks,MM

Protech Racing":lotl2yyl said:
Thanks,MM

Lead trophy.

Protech Racing":1nvr45ib said:
Thanks,MM
A quick look at internet dyno curves (of course very non-technical and worth less than what we paid for them) seems to show that the Yaris has fair amount more high end vs. the M2. the M2 plots I saw stopped at 6300rpm while the Yaris went to 6700. power levels on both were within a couple HP of each other along the same line - 80ft lb at around 5000rpm and 100hp peak around 6000... BUT with another few hundred RPM at the top, I would expect the Yaris to get out of its own way and hold up backmarker Prod cards just a little better.

There's my very official scientific interpretation of why the Yaris should weigh more.

Matt93SE":2fwsy7r6 said:
Protech Racing":2fwsy7r6 said:
Thanks,MM
A quick look at internet dyno curves (of course very non-technical and worth less than what we paid for them) seems to show that the Yaris has fair amount more high end vs. the M2. the M2 plots I saw stopped at 6300rpm while the Yaris went to 6700. power levels on both were within a couple HP of each other along the same line - 80ft lb at around 5000rpm and 100hp peak around 6000... BUT with another few hundred RPM at the top, I would expect the Yaris to get out of its own way and hold up backmarker Prod cards just a little better.

There's my very official scientific interpretation of why the Yaris should weigh more.

Stock numbers mean nothing. And depending at what years specs you are looking at the Yaris is a Mazda with different badges. The Yaris has won, the Mazda hasn't raced to its potential.

Back