Nissan KA24E compatibility question...

Matt Blehm

So dad bought himself an EP 240SX with KA24E. did a money shift and sent a rod through the block a couple laps later.

He's having a hard time finding another one from a 240SX that hasn't succumbed to drift tax ($1000 for a 30yr old hunk of iron!), but there's a Hardbody truck 4x2 with the KA24E for a couple hundred bucks.
Can any of yous guys that remember the KA confirm if he could use the hardbody shortblock as a core to put his good top end on?

Otherwise, does anyone have a KA24E laying around that needs a new home?

Actually yeah, I've got I think two complete ones, one's apart and my friend had some machine work done on... up in SE Wisconsin, but I'm not using them.

Hi Dan, let me message Dad about it.

Do you have some more details about what you have? a road trip to WI in January could be "fun" ;)

Three valve KA 24's all should work for what you need. Two different compression ratios with flat or dish pistons.

Thanks, Sam!
I've passed on many options and I'm waiting on the old man to make up his mind. (we might be waiting a while. haha)

Shucks, sorry for the delay; medical stuff. The one I have sitting around was a 240SX KA24E, been cleaned, possibly honed (got it from a friend years ago) and shortblock reassmbled with something, probably cast pistons. Head not currently on.

No worries if there's closer better options or people who didn't flake; it's just sitting around.

Thanks, Dan.
Dad found a truck block locally and already has it back from the machine shop. If/when he needs another one, I'll see what we can sort out. part of the issue is getting it from Wisconsin. Maybe one of the OK or TX folks could toss something in their trailer on the way back from June Sprints since they roll right through his town on the way home.

Back