Battery Charger Recommendations

Rick Starkweather

What are people using for at the track between sessions battery chargers? I have been using a 12V/1.25A Battery Tender charger at home in the garage but was thinking I needed something that would give me faster recovery times between sessions.

Thoughts?

Rick

We've got a small cart that holds 3 cans of oil, a small aluminum floor jack and a NAPA 85-220 battery charger. It's compact, has carrying handle, gauge and leads long enough to stay on the cart and get to the 50 amp connector on he battery box. Takes a small extension cord to get to the plug on the side of the trailer but overall works very well. It's a 6/12 volt 10 amp unit.

Bob

I had no luck with two different Schumaker chargers.

The Optima that Les suggested is legit; I have two of them and they're great. Unfortunately I think they're NLA.

JEGS 81992 Rapid Battery Charger. Does standard, AGM, and Gel batteries. Has a nice LED readout. 3amp trickle/15amp rapid. I really like mine

I have a multi us 3300 model. Has treated me well for 15 years now. Not sure what the new model would be.

Has anyone used a CTEK charger to "recondition" and thus recover an old or neglected battery? I see the MXS 5.0 on Amazon for $75 - seems it would pay for itself if it saved one battery.... Joel

Back