GSL-SE Struts

fatracing

do the struts on the 85 GSL-SE interchange with the GSL structs- I want to upgrade to a removable hub on an earlier model

Al

I would look at the wheel bearings for each model. If the wheel bearings from Mazda are same part number, then the brakes, hubs, and etc should cross over.

I don't *think* the GSL is the same as GSL-SE, but am not certain in any way.

From a swap standpoint, I think the mounting points to swap everything is the same-- my non GSL-SE car has the GSL-SE strut assembly and brakes installed.
I also have a box of tie rods, adjusters, etc in my spares kit that are all slightly different lengths and they all have OEM stickers on them. when I installed a set of JRZs I purchased from another racer and swapped with the Advance Design that were on the car at the time, I had to do some tie rod swapping from my spares bin to make all of the pieces fit.

don't know if that helps you in any way, but it's what I gots.

RX7s from 84-85 have the same size spindles/struts regardless of model designation. So a GS, GSL, GSL/SE are all the same. Compared to previous model years, the outer front wheel bearing on the 84-85 is bigger and has a different part#. All inner front wheel bearings are the same.

Mazda beefed up the 84-85 model because of the introduction of the GSL/SE. The 12A models from the same years reaped the benefit.

Back