Spridget information

jbecker

I recently was unboxing a stash of old race motor parts for Spridgets. I came across a DeLong cam. John Delong ground cams in San Jose Ca. He has long since passed away. A lot of folks used his grinds with success in the 70s and 80s including some well known engine shops. Wondering if anyone out there has any specs for these cams. The cam is marked Delong 6804-20.

Been a long time, but think that's what I ran in the 948 H car that worked so well...something like 304 duration, 102 lob centers, a tad more lift than factory cams... A super good cam, set 4 track records in 81 with one! If I have it right. Never fully profiled one. Ran mine about 5 degs advanced...

Is your's pin or star drive? Used? Lobes good? might have interest....not sure why!

John ground those on factory race cams, as best to keep base circle big and get lift/centers where he wanted... Later Huffaker cams were done by Quantum on built up lobes... not as durable.

To get more info, contact Dema Elgin... he wound up with John's stuff when he shut down. Also, image Miller at Comptune might have specs...

Okie

Found a DeLong cam in an MGB motor. The car had not been raced in over forty years and I am sure the cam is older than that.

Do you have contact info for George Bauchman?

Back