Lexan windshield wipers and defroster

itbmazda

I have a Lexan windshield in my HP tin top race car. I would like to ask the group for recommendations for windshieldwipers and for defrosters. Thanks for the input. Dave

Some of the windshield material out there has a coating (the abrasion resistant materials) that beads water pretty well, like Rain-X. Rain-X also make a coating for plastic, and it works really well - as good as the glass treatment.

The polycarbonate windshield in my race car has the anti-scratch coating on it and i literally treat it like glass.
I use wipers.
I clean it with glass cleaner.
Its at least 10 years old.
I have a bilge blower that ports to the firewall right behind my header for heated air and I have a piece of flex tubing I put on it on rainy days.
I also added a stick on windshield heater element intended for flat windshield trucks I bought on Ebay and the combination of them both works pretty well.

the new polycarbonate "glass" we are selling now you can rub (and rub hard) steel wool on and it won't scratch with the coating. Add the anti-fog coating on inside and you are all set. Can pm me for details, pricing, etc.

Back