Rear axle traction bar

bfiesta85

3. Any anti-roll bar(s) and rear axle traction bar(s), rear axle panhard rod and watts linkage can be
added or substituted, provided its/their installation serves no other purpose. The mounts for
these devices can be welded or bolted to the car. These devices and their mounts can not be
located in the trunk or driver/passenger compartment unless fitted as stock. Rear axle traction
bar(s) used to control axle housing rotation must be solid bar or tube.

So if I weld the forward mount to the underside of the rear seat pan, can I cut, and build a box to cover the traction bar for clearance in the lower part of the rear seat pan? :ask:

bfiesta85":2zw0gu9z said:
3. Any anti-roll bar(s) and rear axle traction bar(s), rear axle panhard rod and watts linkage can be
added or substituted, provided its/their installation serves no other purpose. The mounts for
these devices can be welded or bolted to the car. These devices and their mounts can not be
located in the trunk or driver/passenger compartment unless fitted as stock. Rear axle traction
bar(s) used to control axle housing rotation must be solid bar or tube.

So if I weld the forward mount to the underside of the rear seat pan, can I cut, and build a box to cover the traction bar for clearance in the lower part of the rear seat pan? :ask:

First a question, is the underside of the rear seat pan a normal part of the underbody? When the rear seat pan is in OEM condition can I view it from under the car?

When OEM fuel tank is removed if there is a hole in the underbody of car and your going up through said hole, illegal. If mounted to bottom side of the underbody of car. I'd call it legal.

Got to love the rule knowledge info sharing. 134 views and 2 people commented.

I dont think that you can add boxes inside of the floor pan for L2. If you can,Then I will add long arms for my rear axle, mounted inside the car with boxes to cover them.
L1 is yes. as I read it .
Traction bars are unrestricted tho and that may conflict with my interpretation.

The factory shocks had a bar going forward to keep the axle for rotating. The factory shocks attach on the rear of the axle with a bar going forward from the shock body to a pin. I can't find any competition shocks for the rear so I put on a set of QA1 Shocks but need some way to stop the axle from rotating.

It appears that there is a forward mount along side the gas tank. No need to build anything else . Just fab 2 arms using the stock forward mount and figure a way to attach at the rear by the shock. Level 2 you cannot cut into the interior and box it.

David Dewhurst":4lmhqx2z said:
Got to love the rule knowledge info sharing. 134 views and 2 people commented.

1. Not my circus, not my monkeys?
2. If I did provide a response, I'd be asked if I was an expert on the subject or had skin in the game. Neither of which apply to me in the affirmative.

So instead I sit back and read and try to learn.

I had a Fiesta street car "back in the day" but apparently paid little attention to the rear suspension!

Curiosity - Brian, is your car like the blue one on BAT? If I'm looking at the photos correctly (and I may not be) the trailing arms appear to share a mount with, but not be connected to, the shocks. Is there really a need to ditch the std trailing arms?

(I also note that the panhard rod on the blue car appears worse for the wear, looks like someone used it as a jacking point!)

If I had the car sitting in front of me and the individual explaining exactly what he wanted to do, then I'd show him what it says in the GCR so he could make an educated decision. The key point about the production rules is it tells you all the things you can do but not what you can't do except for the coating of the intake manifold. Ask me about that one sometime and I can give you the full history.

FP Racer":3dohkhxs said:
The key point about the production rules is it tells you all the things you can do but not what you can't do except for the coating of the intake manifold. Ask me about that one sometime and I can give you the full history.

There was an elephant in the room, correct. :wink:

So what I am getting is there is no modifying the floor for an LP car suspension wise. So I have rethought my evil plan and possibly come up with a new theory to my crime. I won't explain because then you will all want to go out and build a Fiesta, (Why am I building a Fiesta?!?...Oh right because I am poor).

Mine is a little more modified that that BAT Fiesta. Which makes me wonder who payed $18,750 for a souped up street Fiesta? :ask:

Thanks for all the responses, it's always nice to hear other opinions and interpretations of the rules. 88-o

Back