New Miata hubs

anviltester

Proud to announce the release of our new billet hubs for the 1990-2005 miata. Extensively fea and track tested. We looked at all the other versions out there and made needed improvements to create the best possible hub out there. Made from solid 6061 billet aluminum and machined all in house. Uses fully serviceable timken-style taper roller bearings. Also comes with 70mm long lug bolts. Retail price is 550 but for the 1st 10 sets we will discount 50 and also throw in a full set of our 7075 hard anodized aluminum lug nuts. Email me at [email protected] or msg me here with orders, questions, or anything else.

sorry for the pair. I know there is a hub out there for $600 each - as a manufacturer (we make these in house as I have a cnc machine shop as a separate part of my business) I don't understand how they can cost nor charge so much. Its not that much harder to cut a steel billet as opposed to an alum billet. sure I can turn the machine up faster for the aluminum than steel but run time is near the same when hitting the tolerances we want to keep.

Michael, do your hubs require a sensitive setup similar to one of the other high end units out there or a setup similar to what has been used for ever for timken-style taper roller bearings in front vehicle hubs?
If setup needs to be more sensitive than the normal for many years please explain.

Thank you

david,

i don't think its a big deal to set these up properly. turn the hub by hand and while doing so torque to 35 ft lbs. then back off and set end play to .001-.003 using a dial indicator with mag base (cheap ones on amazon or at msc). Using a real good grease (we recommend tungsten disulfide which we sell as not all of the tun disulfide greases are the same) with high temp range is the main key to making everything last. in testing we've run the bearings loose and tight with no real ill effects because of the grease. After you do it a couple of times feeling the end play is easy. in our opinion, the grease used is a big factor on the bearings.

grease is tungsten disulfide. its not cheap. We will be doing 2oz jars of it soon to get the cost down a bit. the full tubes (14oz) will be up on our website (www.revolutionspeed.com) sometime this week. Working with the manufacturer (we have only found 1 and lucky they are close to us). to buy in bulk to get the price down.

we only have a couple sets left at our promotional deal. Also we have made a video on setting the end play of the hub. Can be seen here - https://youtu.be/ZKNFumztAyg. the tools required are $30-50 on amazon, mscdirect, etc. and we will be selling a version of it on our website soon.

rick,

all are gone for the special. But I can throw in free lug nuts if you like. Price is $550 and the 2oz grease is $35 if you want it (tungsten disulfide - what we recommend for the bearings). Email me direct at [email protected] and I can get you out a PayPal invoice. We are in production of the next batch so may be a week or 2.

Michael

Rick Starkweather":3ewcmjka said:
Michael:

Any left at the discounted price?

Rick

Back