Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Side exhaust
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:03 am 

blamkin86 wrote:
Code:
Exhaust System
1. The exhaust header and exhaust system is unrestricted. Floor pans can be altered only to
recess mufflers. No modifications can be made to the bodywork to fit any other part of the
exhaust system.

So, you can run the exhaust anywhere you want, as long as you don't modify the body work in any way (rocker panels, etc).
Seems like yes, if you're careful and it all hangs down and you don't modify the body..

Sorry for butting in but that seems like a crazy antiquated rule.
What good can it do to restrict cutting a hole in the body to have the exhaust exit.
Its a Prod car, meaning its supposed to be a real race car. I can see a rule like that in IT, but not in Prod.
I dont have a real Prod car but I do race in Prod and with all you guys and sometimes the Prod rules just baffle me.
Its so common now, you see DE cars with exhausts exiting through the side of the body.
They need to modernize LOL.

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 am 

jimmypet wrote:
blamkin86 wrote:
Code:
Exhaust System
1. The exhaust header and exhaust system is unrestricted. Floor pans can be altered only to
recess mufflers. No modifications can be made to the bodywork to fit any other part of the
exhaust system.

So, you can run the exhaust anywhere you want, as long as you don't modify the body work in any way (rocker panels, etc).
Seems like yes, if you're careful and it all hangs down and you don't modify the body..

Sorry for butting in but that seems like a crazy antiquated rule.
What good can it do to restrict cutting a hole in the body to have the exhaust exit.
Its a Prod car, meaning its supposed to be a real race car. I can see a rule like that in IT, but not in Prod.
I dont have a real Prod car but I do race in Prod and with all you guys and sometimes the Prod rules just baffle me.
Its so common now, you see DE cars with exhausts exiting through the side of the body.
They need to modernize LOL.

You also see DE cars with 600hp turbos, LS swaps in damn near everything RWD... 1000hp cars and 335 width DOT-Rs and no roll cage.

But yes, the Prod rules are quite strict. SCCA rules in general. because if you don't, then you'll get a ridiculous gremlin.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm 

Thanks everyone for your input.

One of these years I’ll have the car on track.