prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:28 am 

The car being discussed simply brought the issue to light .
The 1.6 Miata in SM trim shows 120 + WHP and out runs the HP class at 2200 # +-.

The potential of the 4AG engine to rev to 8000RPM with enough cams and rods to make 160 HP, show a reasonable expectation of about 140 WHP . 140 is about 8 or 10 higher then the strongest HP at this point. What I dont want to see is a well developed car and driver in HP. The low valve lift seems to not be much of a restriction for the multi valve cars, See Yaris and Mazda 2 .
The car belongs in F according the the numbers. IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:54 am 

:think: https://www.crbscca.com/

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
What I dont want to see is a well developed car and driver in HP.

HMMMM :whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 am 

Brett W wrote:
Protech Racing wrote:
What I dont want to see is a well developed car and driver in HP.

HMMMM :whistle:

Seconded. :)

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am 

You fellas need to learn context. That is not what Mike was saying in his post.
I don't know that we know enough to support that it is an F car, but if it is legal as it sits the car could very well be an overdog.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 am 

I'm just giving Mike a hard time by taking everything completely out of context.

Just like the Miata and CRX were dominate in ITA for a while, then something else comes along. Same thing in Prod. Once it was LBCs, now its something else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am 

chois wrote:
I don't know that we know enough to support that it is an F car, but if it is legal as it sits the car could very well be an overdog.

Mike has no facts that it makes 160hp... ;) just because you think it does not make it so...I believe in limited prep trim the car is stuck with the TVIS system and the shitty intake manifold..

Joe Harlan Member #175515

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am 

Joe Harlan wrote:
chois wrote:

Mike has no facts that it makes 160hp... ;) just because you think it does not make it so...I believe in limited prep trim the car is stuck with the TVIS system and the shitty intake manifold..

Yup, stock intake manifold and TB, no other option.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm 

Joe Harlan wrote:
….. just because you think it does not make it so...I believe.......
Yes, and just because you think it doesn't, also doesn't make it so. The only explanation for why it turned the fastest trap speed of any H car at WG is that it MAY be illegal. It obviously isn't fully developed in other respects, who knows whether it is fully developed from a power standpoint.

That is why we ask the CRB to look at it. It is not up to the competitors to decide which class any car resides in. The Ad Hoc committee and CRB make a determination based on the information that they can get their hands on. Then they track the results over time to ensure that the car belongs where it is. When a mid engine sports car turns the fastest trap speeds, they should be taking a look at it to make sure that it doesn't upset the current status quo, because it shouldn't necessarily have the same limitations in handling and aero that other "tin tops" have.

When Adam Malley dipped his hand and went from 3 car lengths behind to 3 car lengths ahead in one straightaway against Tom Feller, the PAC and CRB knew two things: 1) After adding 325 lbs and taking away one venturi size, the Honda was still an overdog against the current H-car LBC, 2) Malley was a good sandbagger at always being careful not to qualify too high lest he attracted too much attention. That is when the car was bumped up to G Production where Adam never chose to compete. He tried GTL but was never really competitive with the car.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm 

Ron Bartell wrote:
Joe Harlan wrote:
….. just because you think it does not make it so...I believe.......
Yes, and just because you think it doesn't, also doesn't make it so. The only explanation for why it turned the fastest trap speed of any H car at WG is that it MAY be illegal. It obviously isn't fully developed in other respects, who knows whether it is fully developed from a power standpoint.

That is why we ask the CRB to look at it. It is not up to the competitors to decide which class any car resides in. The Ad Hoc committee and CRB make a determination based on the information that they can get their hands on. Then they track the results over time to ensure that the car belongs where it is. When a mid engine sports car turns the fastest trap speeds, they should be taking a look at it to make sure that it doesn't upset the current status quo, because it shouldn't necessarily have the same limitations in handling and aero that other "tin tops" have.

Ron I don't disagree with not upsetting the balance of the class.. but asking to toss the car out without at least seeing if the ONE and ONE race is at least legal is lazy at best and kinda crappy at the worst with out talking to the guy. I fully understand that the old guard have their place and should be the mark that all new cars are classed to but I think its up to the old guard to be sure they get all the facts together. clearly the prod committee thought the car fit with the restrictions put on it.

Joe Harlan Member #175515

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next