prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am 

chois wrote:
Two separate topics here:

1. What brakes should you assume when evaluating/comparing cars to the 1.6 FP Miata. - answered
2. The PCS is does not do a great job of describing this particular car's brake requirements clearly. - acknowledged and noted as an improvement that the PAC is working on as they go through all spec lines to verify/clearly define brakes. (I know this recently happened with the VWs in the book)

I'm not seeing what you are missing to accomplish your stated goal, and I'm not sure what continuing to state the second issue accomplishes at this point.

Chris:

Fair point. I wasn't completely clear that it wasn't completely clear in the GCR. But that has been cleared up now so I can clearly do my comparison with a clear conscience.

Clearly that makes sense, no? :D

Seems like the correct people are already on this and no need to make this a divisive issue - there is enough of that already in this world!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:36 pm 

disquek wrote:
This is a major frustration with the GCR. Things should be simple. I should not have to assemble snipets of rules from a variety of places to determine one aspect of car building. And to be honest, this is part of what drew me to GT. The GT rules are far from perfect, but they are far simpler than Prod. I'd also assert that the confusing nature of the prod rules helped give rise to the classes that may well someday kill it (STL and STU).

Long story short, the prod rules could use a ground up rewrite if prod is optimize it's ability to attract new blood.

-Kyle

You shut your mouth with that kind of talk. :lol: Moses brought down the Commandments from the Mount and on the back were the Prod Rules, as such they shall not be questioned changed or otherwise altered, only old British Cars should receive special treatment so Moses said, "For they are the Chosen Prod People".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:49 pm 

Brett W wrote:
disquek wrote:
This is a major frustration with the GCR. Things should be simple. I should not have to assemble snipets of rules from a variety of places to determine one aspect of car building. And to be honest, this is part of what drew me to GT. The GT rules are far from perfect, but they are far simpler than Prod. I'd also assert that the confusing nature of the prod rules helped give rise to the classes that may well someday kill it (STL and STU).

Long story short, the prod rules could use a ground up rewrite if prod is optimize it's ability to attract new blood.

-Kyle

You shut your mouth with that kind of talk. :lol: Moses brought down the Commandments from the Mount and on the back were the Prod Rules, as such they shall not be questioned changed or otherwise altered, only old British Cars should receive special treatment so Moses said, "For they are the Chosen Prod People".

Quoting this because of greatness on both posts.

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98