Runoffs Updates - E Production

Looking for live timing and scoring for the EProd race today, and all I see is the HP qualifying page. Am I the only one?

Craig Bryant

GREAT race Schreyer and Carr! my butt cheeks were holding on as you guys were 2 wide through the esses. Whoo!

Best racing I've seen so far today!

craig bryant":204vhhgy said:
Looking for live timing and scoring for the EProd race today, and all I see is the HP qualifying page. Am I the only one?

Craig Bryant
Craig,
Go to SCCA.com and the first link on the page is the Runoffs logo that takes you to live timing and the video feed.
Hope you found it already, cause the EP race was a good one!

This is not aimed at Matt, this is aimed at the SCCA. This is the first time one needs to click on the SCCA logo left side of screen to bring up the live races. SURE, wander around with your curser clicking until you find something. I left a message with a person at Topeka that finding races live by wandering around and clicking is pure nonsense.

E Prod, three national championships in a row to one driver. The BMW needs something and not something to make the BMW faster.

While I'm on a roll, vehicle speed during a race doesn't ring my bell. Competition (W2W and passing) during a race rings my bell not caring if race is on dirt or asphalt, flat or banked. vehicles crashing during a race doesn't ring my bell.

David Dewhurst":2evabwqg said:
This is not aimed at Matt, this is aimed at the SCCA. This is the first time one needs to click on the SCCA logo left side of screen to bring up the live races. SURE, wander around with your curser clicking until you find something. I left a message with a person at Topeka that finding races live by wandering around and clicking is pure nonsense.

E Prod, three national championships in a row to one driver. The BMW needs something and not something to make the BMW faster.

While I'm on a roll, vehicle speed during a race doesn't ring my bell. Competition (W2W and passing) during a race rings my bell not caring if race is on dirt or asphalt, flat or banked. vehicles crashing during a race doesn't ring my bell.

There are a number of links to get to timing and video on the website and a couple of them don't work.
The "live timing and scoring" link when you scroll through the menus road race --> runoffs-->links and stuff (I'm parapharsing of course) links you to the last day of qualifying, but not today's live stuff.

The traditional scca.com/live link works (although the video feed link took you to a 2021 event- either runoffs or sprints. they fixed that early this morning shortly after I posted it in the comments to the feed.)

There is now a huge link as soon as you load SCCA.com that takes you to everything, so I'm hoping the majority of people will click there.

Matt, why would people click on the SCCA logo to find live race video. Years past it was all very clear cut, even I could open live race video past years without calling Topeka. Next they'll put pile of $hit and expect people to click on the pile of $hit. Obviously the SCCA doesn't need any new member/drivers. They need to remember the KISS phase. AS a 25 year member some of this $hit gets old.

David, I think you misinterpreted my statement. When you log onto SCCA.com, the most prominent thing on the screen is the banner for Runoffs. Clicking the logo or the LIVE RESULTS button both take you straight to the live timing and video. The only way to make it easier to find for the newbie would be flashing neon arrows.

The old standard SCCA.com/live link also works which we've used for a long time for Super Tours and whatnot.

If you missed the first billboard size section, the Featured Events and Upcoming Events menus below both have Runoffs link as the first option. They both take you to the Runoffs landing page which has the great menu on the right with links to live timing, results, schedule, etc etc etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-30 180133.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-30 180133.png
    270 KB · Views: 14,389
It was a fun week.

We only stickered up Tuesday. Once we saw the times and trap speeds, there was no reason to continue to chase something that wasn't there. We surrendered that we would have potential to race Brakke for 3rd place on fresh tires should the race go dry. It was Jon's first visit to VIR, same as myself. I think the top 6 cars all got data boxes on Tuesday. We also were all pulled into impound for ancillary compliance checks. Kudos to the tech team for early checks. I believe Norton lost his times due to an infringement on fuel. Not sure the back story here.

The balance of the top 5 elected to put sticker tires on for each of the sessions with the exception of Thursday when Jesse was on scuffs. Thursday's wind and track conditions were so far off the rest of the week, The wind was blowing straight against you down the back stretch. I'm not sure any session had any exceptional stand outs for going faster.

We idled around the paddock on Thursday on our rain wheels/tires and I believe Troy Emrish stopped us to tell us it looks like our rear wheel was going to fall off. Turns out we had a very out of round wheel - and when we swapped the same side, other axle wheel on to the rear location, we found that wheel to be bent as well. So we pulled our dry's off and swapped our wets on to a different set of wheels. - here's for looking out for competition number "38" Thanks Troy. We finished buttoning up our wet setup on Friday Morning.

Jesse and I watched the GT1 race start when Pintaric spun on first sight of the green flag, I poked him to not do the same. I think the top 5 at least had the same wisdom to be conservative at the start. However I perhaps played it a bit too conservative as Norton and Carr came plowing through. Their cars were hooked up on the wet and they were on the move. Carr was checked out on me until his spin, I think that rattled him a bit and he was driving slower after. I had him on the back straight and out of snake multiple times but he would come right back in the brake zones. It was a great scrap and he was smiling about it just as much as I was. After testing him for several laps I knew I needed to lead into roller coaster or it was over. I was able to get the pass done on the back straight and move back over on line before T13.

We started coating the lexan on Wednesday. My first model car was a Scott Sharp Rain-X Trans Am car from the 90s. :lol: We don't run wipers. the Rain-X performed even when right up Carr's bumper. We were mostly concerned about interior visibility. Thankfully our interior coating with anti-fog worked great. The only visibility issues we had were just spray from the other cars. For inquiring minds, we weren't able to use the makeshift fog stick - the race and track were too damn hectic.

Congrats to the top 3. VIR is a tricky beast in the wet. The conventional rimshot line doesn't work in a lot of places and it seems to actually be much more slippery when off the dry line in some cases. Or at least that's my 2 cents on the wet surface, but what do I know, I finished 4th :mrgreen:

Track is fun, property is golf course level nice, tow kind of sucks and Danville is a definitely a little lacking if you're looking for excitement outside of the track property.

SCCA hosted some good parties with great food and beer. Having only attended my only other Runoffs start in 2020 during the pandemic, I missed all of this stuff.

I think its time to look at weight vs restrictors, or some kind of evolution of balancing application priorities. Segment times and trap speeds aren't showing a significant enough influence of the restrictor working on the Z3's potential - Runoffs or other tracks alike. I am one of the few cars that got to run against (and into) :roll: the Z3's all season. Hopefully the data police are reviewing these values.

I unloaded the trailer yesterday. I think everything is still drying out.

Great week for me and customers in general.
FWIW. This will be the last race in the Z3 for me. Time to move on to another challenge, albeit I don't have a clue what that will be yet. I hope that makes some people happy. I in no way want to ruin EP with the effort I've put forth to make this car as fast as it is. Maybe this will help, maybe the car needs another adjustment, maybe folks need to attempt to bring their program level up to mine. Either way, the car will either have a new driver or owner next year. Have a great winter guys!

Great drive Jesse, and congratulations on your Runoffs win.

You and the car looked dominant, just like you did back in 2019.

Will be very interesting to see what you choose and do next.

No doubt that your prep and ability to drive is 100%

It's pretty presumptuous to assume that none of the other cars in EP aren't, including the parked multi championship Miata's with JPM power.

I'm all in favor of letting the process work - That's why we all got boxes on Tuesday and throughout the year. Our point during the townhall meeting was mostly that the review process is too lengthy, and too conservative. Until recently I have focused on my own spec line and petitioned for change on it alone. It was met with "let's see how the z3 performs in 2022" I didn't park my car, I actively participated with what we believe is a spec line at a deficit to the Z3s in direct competition at several events throughout 2022.

I have no hard feelings. Not my style to take the ball home. There's always work to do, and I'm sure had you elected to continue campaigning the Z3 or support it in some fashion for a new customer, should it get another adjustment, you won't be resting on your laurels from the past 3 years.

To me, your effort within your own program, as well as your customers, is what makes the challenge that much more rewarding.

Cheers

Congrats Jesse.

A bit disappointing that I don’t get to see where I’ve made to. The z3 and your effort there is the benchmark we’ve all been trying to reach. Whoever/wherever that car ends up will be a contender.

tschreyer":1g1i21a5 said:
No doubt that your prep and ability to drive is 100%

It's pretty presumptuous to assume that none of the other cars in EP aren't, including the parked multi championship Miata's with JPM power.

I'm all in favor of letting the process work - That's why we all got boxes on Tuesday and throughout the year. Our point during the townhall meeting was mostly that the review process is too lengthy, and too conservative. Until recently I have focused on my own spec line and petitioned for change on it alone. It was met with "let's see how the z3 performs in 2022" I didn't park my car, I actively participated with what we believe is a spec line at a deficit to the Z3s in direct competition at several events throughout 2022.

I have no hard feelings. Not my style to take the ball home. There's always work to do, and I'm sure had you elected to continue campaigning the Z3 or support it in some fashion for a new customer, should it get another adjustment, you won't be resting on your laurels from the past 3 years.

To me, your effort within your own program, as well as your customers, is what makes the challenge that much more rewarding.

Cheers

I don't mean to sound presumptuous, I'm sorry for that.
You have to understand that I have the advantage of working on probably 30 plus race cars per year and it's my job to make them fast. I'm a smaller version of other teams like Phoenix, Fall Line, ESR, etc. I'm not big but I'm pretty much a pro shop. I have learned from all of the cars I've worked on over the last 20 runoffs I've run. It gives me and my customers the unfair advantage, it doesn't mean the car is unfairly classed. The Z3 never dominated EP until I developed it. Top 5's yes but litererally nobody was even looking at it. Hell, the car I bought from Chris Dryden sat for sale for over a year before I bought it. The Reynolds car is a great car and driven by a great driver. He would have beat me last year if the race had gone green the whole way. I don't know what I'll do next but I know this, I'll develop it into a winner as well.

I've also learned to not banter on forums so I'll leave it at this. Have a great winter guys. Don't let those cars sit. 15 minutes a day!

Jesse Prather":3w29rn73 said:
Great week for me and customers in general.
FWIW. This will be the last race in the Z3 for me. Time to move on to another challenge, albeit I don't have a clue what that will be yet. I hope that makes some people happy. I in no way want to ruin EP with the effort I've put forth to make this car as fast as it is. Maybe this will help, maybe the car needs another adjustment, maybe folks need to attempt to bring their program level up to mine. Either way, the car will either have a new driver or owner next year. Have a great winter guys!

I know what he's going to build. A Toyota truck that runs in every class. If you watch the Runoffs at VIR, the Toyota truck started last in every race. I bet Jesse can build a Toyota truck that can run up front in any class.

Flywheel go boom.

Crappy week on track all around, good to get to VIR (met Jesse in person for the first time!) and see folks again after the pandemic.

Friday before the runoffs did a valve lash check...and, whammo, one destroyed cam lobe and lifter. Scrounged for solid non-roller lifters and found them, got the motor together and got up early Wednesday.

went out Wednesday and I was just BAD. Hadn't driven VIR in three years and with no time to work up to things just went balls out and paid the price. Spun twice. 2:10 or something.

Thursday settled down and slowly worked up speed in the esses and 10. Came in, made a last shock adjustment and went out for hot lap. Dash said I was on pace for a 2:07 when, bam, flywheel erupted.

Lots to do on the car. Treat this as a dry run for next year. Main thing is seat time this year, and lots of it.

Great drive by Jesse in teh rain Friday, and by Peter, John, Tim and Joe. Well done.

Bummer Jeff - big fan of the TR8 and what you have going on.

I grew up with a couple TR7's and TR8's in the family, always have a soft spot for them.

Back