Buttonwillow Major 5/1&2

jbecker

Since no one else posted there was some great HP racing at Buttonwillow this weekend. Jason is back with a new Yaris and Ben Valentine purchased a new Midget chassis that he ran in HP. These two competitors battled both days during the entire race with Ben inching out a victory both times, The battle for 3rd was between Mike Cummings and Cory Marcos. It was another close race with Mike getting 3rd on Saturday. On Sunday Cory pulled out a third place finish. There were a total of 7 HP cars. The other competitors were John Faull, Bobby Beyer and Jon Becker.

Jon-
I did a Saturday report but only posted on Facebook. I took a bunch of pics and will litter this site too with them. Here's one that I thought was odd.

more pics: Jon Becker black Spitfire, Cory Markos in Honda CRX and Mike Cummings in yellow Spridget

Start of the prod race, led from start to finish by Glen McCready in his EP Mazda Mx5. Mike Anderson in his BMW was 2nd for much of the race but Aaron Downey took over after mid race. Taz Harvey led FP easily in former GTL Miata that Jesse Prather returned backed to it's original format. Huffaker was running GTL and won Saturday but ran into issues on Sunday when Mike Lewis was leading.

Back