previous years' results

Todd Benne

Can some one kindly point me in the correct direction to find race results from previous years? I am looing for 2018-2020. I have poked around scca.com and my.scca.com and didn't find the information. TIA.

What type of results.

Majors and super tour results are in the SCCA page

For regionals you’ve got to go to the region website.

It's pretty hard to find on the SCCA site. Best way has been to google what you are l;ooking for and sometimes the SCCA page comes up .

Not that other voluntolds don't have anything else to do, but I wonder if that could be a task for national / historian / website to work on. a central database of all race results, regardless of divisional, majors, super tour, etc. it would sure be great to have all of that in one place.

maybe even have the database searchable by driver and/or track so I could quickly look up all my race results at a particular track (say to find my PB at COTA. did I race there in 2013 or 2014, and what group was I in?) MyLaps/ Speedhive has this data as well, but it doesn't filter well and you don't know what race/group you were actually in. I also have 4 transponders registered to me between 2 cars and 2 kids racing karts, so that's a small mountain of data.

Obviously I realize that's a big task to get going, but once done it would be no different for the local tracks than what they currently do with Majors and super tours..

If someone has the talent to coalesce all the varying COVID signup web sites in one space (and someone did) then someone has the talent to scrape all the historical results from existing region web pages (and/or Race Monitor and/or MSR).

But I'm not the one with that talent. And the one with that talent probably has better ways to spend their time.

I think we'd be SOL for results prior to the WWW. Though it would be really cool to see some of my results from decades gone by.

Y'all know that SCCA has the Runoffs results searchable all the way back to 1964?

https://www.crbscca.com/public/runoffs/ ... ?_sm_nck=1

The single most important database would be the log book data base.
There is no reason that the logbooks cant be loaded so that we can see when the car ran, who owned it etc.
Nothing exist today . Log book #s are recorded at every race . Certainly software can be written to skim these #s and record the events.

I have had multiple cars with cage numbers and no books. "Call the issuing region" . They dont have any logs or want the car to be presented to them for a replacement book . The book does not declare compliance , simply that it is an SCCA race car.

Protech Racing":50mr740m said:
The single most important database would be the log book data base.
There is no reason that the logbooks cant be loaded so that we can see when the car ran, who owned it etc.
Nothing exist today . Log book #s are recorded at every race . Certainly software can be written to skim these #s and record the events.

I have had multiple cars with cage numbers and no books. "Call the issuing region" . They dont have any logs or want the car to be presented to them for a replacement book . The book does not declare compliance , simply that it is an SCCA race car.

Houston region has the "master log" of all logbooks issued by their region since day 1, and it lives in the tech folks' briefcase(s). I assume the older sheets are copies of copies and the original is stored in Fort Knox along with the Dead Sea Scrolls and Jimmy Hoffa's remains.

Of course, not all regions are that lucky. someone quit, fired, lost it, burned in a housefire, etc. but yes, digitizing that stuff would be yet another database that would be a nightmare to log on day 1, but could be automated with race entries from then out since that's all in the entry form data. tie it with the results and you know who can which car at which race, and can export results. say you want to sell your car, you can pull up ALL the race results with that logbook and voila. "look I ran a 1:29 at RA in 2016. previous owner ran a 1:34 in 2012, so the changes I made since I bought it made it faster." so on, so forth. big data can help us if we choose to use it!

The master book that you speak of is located with each region's head tech person. It is unlikely that any copies exist at HQ. Ask your tech person.

Protech Racing":3j34mfg2 said:
The single most important database would be the log book data base...Nothing exist today...

It does.

Some years ago, someone in Topeka tried to spearhead a national logbook database. I manage NER's logbooks so I was contacted about it. The goal was to get access to all logbook data and upload it to a central depository that would be accessible by all scrutineers.

The bones of it actually exists; I still have the link to it. You can still manually add items to it; I've tested it.

I don't know what came of it. I gave them access to our NER files, but they were never uploaded. And it seems no more data was entered in it after the initial call. Maybe some regions were pushing back and chose note to participate? Maybe whoever was doing it lost interest? Regardless, it's a shame it was never moved forward, it would be extremely useful to scrutineers.

Houston Region participated; it was fun to find the three cars I built in the 80s (all es morte...RIP).

3 Search Results
#32-800 Greg Amy Dodge Shelby
#32-747 E. Amy Volkswagen Scirocco
#32-729 E. Amy Volkswagen GTI

Protech Racing":6h62hg8m said:
The master book that you speak of is located with each region's head tech person. It is unlikely that any copies exist at HQ. Ask your tech person.
yeah sorry for the vaguery. I intended for that only to be for the logbooks issued by the region, not for anyone elses.

The National Logbook database exists. It is only accessed by those designated. Not an "open book" thing. It needs to be tied to registration to eliminate having to go to or even mess with pre race tech for the 95% that are good to go.

James

Back