2020 SCCA Runoffs - Road America

Greg Amy

Administrator
Staff member
And...go.

Anyone attending today's CRB Town Hall meeting that can report back with a summary (ahem, Jesse, cough, Kevin...)

I expect brakes to be a large part of the discussion (as it was last year) but curious if anything else comes out of it.

Went over the Turn 8 exit rumbles, and the coupler that joins my steering column to my steering rack slipped, which threw the car off to the right, bounding through the grass, barely missed the abutment of the Johnsonville Bridge, destroyed my air-dam, and knocked my steering wheel off 180°. I pulled off at the motorcycle chicane before the kink, not sure of what happened, just that something was wrong. Ended up driving it in after the session, and eventually found the problem.

kruck":2ebdnu97 said:
Went over the Turn 8 exit rumbles, and the coupler that joins my steering column to my steering rack slipped, which threw the car off to the right, bounding through the grass, barely missed the abutment of the Johnsonville Bridge, destroyed my air-dam, and knocked my steering wheel off 180°. I pulled off at the motorcycle chicane before the kink, not sure of what happened, just that something was wrong. Ended up driving it in after the session, and eventually found the problem.

Geez......glad it was “only” that.....you’ve had your share of crapola land on you this summer.

Dayle

Greg, I wouldn't say so. I don't mean that as a slight either. The group really didn't get into new ideas or topics

A little bit of theory on the brake rules were discussed, Eric clarified how and to whom the survey was fielded.

Most of the discussion was related to the brakes. Mostly info we already know.

Did the BOD approve the brake rules yet, or is that still pending? In other words, is it a done deal or still just a proposal?

Ah, I missed the Convention bit, I had guessed they would have a meeting at Runoffs. Gotta wonder if the Convention will actually happen, but whatever. If not I'd assume a Zoom meeting or similar.

I'm itching to by a set of high tech Rock Auto $21 vented brake rotors but don't want to invest such a large sum until the deal is done! 88-o

Al Seim":1fprmy1m said:
Ah, I missed the Convention bit, I had guessed they would have a meeting at Runoffs. Gotta wonder if the Convention will actually happen, but whatever. If not I'd assume a Zoom meeting or similar.

I'm itching to by a set of high tech Rock Auto $21 vented brake rotors but don't want to invest such a large sum until the deal is done! 88-o

Oh no you don't. Remember VWs aren't allowed vented rotors by the new rules. I'm writing my letter now. :evil: :p

Al, #2 qualifying car at 2020 Runoffs. Volkswagen Golf GTI @2:39.982. Meller Datsun on the pole with Sargis #3. Should be interesting if they can make a race of it.

Yes, the attrition was terrible. A few crashes but presumably mostly mechanical breakage. I was initially a tad miffed that the announcer made a big deal about "high strung prod cars" but he was spot on it seems.

Back