prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sprints Session Reports
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:52 am 

Good luck to everyone at the Sprints! Wish I could be there with you... Starting this thread for session/race reports.

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/AllState

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:46 am 

First session was BFA’d as Kevin Ruck had more bad luck and barfed. He ended up at T13. Once the field was in pit lane for a few minutes, they threw the checkers and called it a session.

We’re next up around 2:30 CDT.

Dayle

(please do NOT PM me through this site as I cannot respond to them)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:19 am 

Boooo.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:55 pm 

Anyone know why the results for,the Saturday race are provisional? Any paper thrown? No grid for Sunday’s race yet?

Dayle

(please do NOT PM me through this site as I cannot respond to them)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:35 am 

We chased all kinds of weird problems that you would usually experience at the first event each year, but unfortunately it happened at the "big one" this year. We try to make the Sprints kind of a family weekend, and I had a hard time balancing that with all the time we were at the track fixing stuff.

Session 1 was flagged after a lap or two. We were already in the pits so basically we just had an installation lap.

Q1 was pretty smooth but was also riddled with some cars off in various places. For us, we had a very poor handling car on a new suspension setup. One of the problems we experienced was the throttle stop screw threading IN under vibration keeping the throttle at 30% open, real fun in turns 1,5,6, carousel etc.

Q2 everyone went quite a bit faster. Jesse reset the EP record "unofficially" This was probably the first session where I felt like I was actually driving the car.

R1 we jumped Brakke on the start, Jesse was gone by T5, Brakke and I scrapped for a lap or two and he got by. He started to gap a little but then he had a shifter issue that took him out. We sailed to an uncontested 2nd place.

R2 we jumped Brakke again, hung with Jesse on the first lap, but again he was gone by T5 on Lap 2. Brakke got by again. Sargis (I believe) was off at T13 around laps 5-6, Brakke caught B-spec traffic bad through the yellow and I was able to regain position. I passed him into T5 on lap 8. In T12 he passed back, blew the corner, I went over under and was almost completely clear by corner exit and at center track, I'm told his tail broke loose or he hit the rumbles and his front nose clipped my left rear slicing off the valve stem and gashing the sidewall. Flat by T14 and our race was done.

EP Track record officially sliced by .3 seconds, unofficially by .7 seconds by Jesse.

Data was put on top 5 qualifying cars in I believe all classes - for sure EP. :eh: :whisper:

#38 EP BMW