prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:46 am 

I am happy to announce that registration will open at 12:01a ET on 5/24 for the 2020 WMR “Last Chance” Major at Grattan Raceway on 8/22, 8/23. Go to this http://wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/ for event details and registration. The entry fee is $500 but there is a $75 “early bird” discount offered until 7/21.

As this event is sandwiched between the Cat National (Major) at Road America on 8/15, 8/16 and the PIRC Super Tour on 8/29, 8/30, we have no idea how many racers will actually be willing to attend this event. To that end, if we do not have 50 cars signed up by 7/21, we may be forced to cancel the event to avoid a big financial loss. So if you want this race to go on as scheduled, please sign up early. No credit cards will be charged until 8/15. All checks will be deposited after the event.

Also, to encourage folks to enter, we are offering a $50 credit to a WMR Club Racing event in 2021. That’s whether you attend in person or “substitute” our race through the SCCA program.

Grattan Raceway is a fantastic, challenging track and WMR is known for hosting a fun event. We will do every reasonably possible to make sure this event is run safely. All attendees (drivers, crew and workers) should feel safe coming to Grattan.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Email me directly (offline....no emails or PM's through this site) at hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com.

Dayle

(please do NOT PM me through this site as I cannot respond to them)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:09 am 

Bump w/ update.

So far the results are not encouraging. As of this writing (7/13), we only have 31 entries from 29 drivers. Only 11 since 6/17. This is an unsustainable path and we cannot hold the race as it would cause a HUGE financial loss for our small region.

I am told by folks at HQ that details of the "substitute" entry program will be released on 7/15 (same day registration opens for the Runoffs). If you can't make it to Grattan in person for the race weekend, we encourage everyone to support our event via this alternate path. It is the next best option for those who can't show up. We applaud SCCA Club Racing management for coming up with this idea as small regions like ours can enhance their revenue stream and host races that otherwise would not be held.

The WMR BoD met via conference call on 7/9 and we decided to extend the review window to 7/28. Our break even mark is roughly 85 entries. We will need to have roughly that number of entries from both paths (real and substitute) for us to hold the race. If we don't have that number by 7/28, the WMR BoD will discuss the matter and we may decide to cancel the event.

The ball is in the driver corps' court. If you want this event to happen, sign up with us at wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com or via the SCCA substitute program.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any questions.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:25 am 

I suspect many drivers have been waiting to see how the "pay out" program would work before registering for an event. So let's wait for July 15th for this announcement before pulling the rug out from under drivers that may be expecting to attend or "ghost" this event.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 am 

bfloyd wrote:
I suspect many drivers have been waiting to see how the "pay out" program would work before registering for an event. So let's wait for July 15th for this announcement before pulling the rug out from under drivers that may be expecting to attend or "ghost" this event.

Thanks for the input Bryan. Just to be clear to all that are paying attention, no decisions will be made until at least 7/28.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm 

I signed up when registration opened. Never been there: trying to do one or more new (to me) every year.
Hope it happens!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 pm 

Bill Meyer, you will like it. It is a drivers track.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm 

I think one issue might be the unfortunate need to reschedule the Cat at RAm to the weekend before this event.
I’ve always wanted to get a grattan event in, but that’s a quick turnaround.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:06 pm 

chois wrote:
I think one issue might be the unfortunate need to reschedule the Cat at RAm to the weekend before this event.
I’ve always wanted to get a grattan event in, but that’s a quick turnaround.

And the Super Tour at PIRC the following week. There have been a variety of stars that mis-aligned over this race.☹️

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:33 pm 

Reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get a $75.00
Early bird discount for this event.
Register today, pay later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:13 am 

Just as we have extended our window for evaluation of the car count, we are extending our "Early Bird" price discount to 7/28. Enter on or before 7/28 and get a $75 discount ($425). Enter after 7/28 and it's $500.

With only 56 cars entered, we are still on the fence about whether we can afford to host this race. PLEASE sign up now and help convince us that we need to go ahead with this event.

wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

Dayle