prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 am 

SEDiv SCCA invites you to join us for the annual Majors/Double SARRC at Roebling Road Raceway on June 27 & 28. The entry fee is $395 plus any SCCA class compliance fees. Registration is now open at https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/sediv-double-majors-sarrc-roebling-road-raceway-scca-southeast-division-785473 All Runoffs classes will receive Majors points and may sign up for SARRC points. All GCR classes are competing plus all SEDiv regional classes. Please enter as soon as possible. Credit cards will not be charged until event starts.

We are aware of concerns regarding Covid-19 and are taking steps to make sure that everyone is safe as possible. We will be streamlining registration and tech to avoid lines. We will send you details as we get closer to the event. We will have a supply of masks for those who may need them and have hand sanitizer available. The track food service will be taking steps to make sure all food is prepared properly and served in a safe manner. Please support them. They really support us and are SCCA members.

We are planning a Saturday night social with entertainment. We will be serving boxed dinners featuring rotisserie chicken. We will have a supply of tables and chairs but are suggesting that teams and workers bring their own chair and table. We will award a free race entry to the team with the best decorated table and cash awards to the workers. For those who may not want to sit in the social area, take out dinners will be available. Of course, we will have some adult beverages and soft drinks. There will be free ice bottled water and ice cream available all weekend at various locations including our hospitality tent. Trophies for the event will be mounted action photos of your race car and available at hospitality.

We have been in contact with several local hotels and received assurance from them that they will make certain all their room will be sanitized for us. Two hotels have offered us special event rates of $69 per night, Thursday thru Monday. I have listed them below along with the contact information. Ask for the SCCA rate. I do suggest that everyone bring their own pillow from home. I certainly would.

If you have never raced at Roebling Road, I can assure you it is a fun track. It is owned and operated by the Buccaneer Region SCCA. It is 2.02 miles and has a lot of run off room. There are electrical hook ups available on a first come basis. In 2018, we had 250 team at this race and there was paddock area still available. There is also a limited number of covered pits and you can contact the track for details. The track is located 7 miles west of I 95 off US 80 and just north of I 16 at Bloomingdale Ga. Roebling Road will be conducting an open test day on Friday June 26, no reservation necessary.

I know many of you are ready to get back racing and we going to do everything possible we can to make this a fun safe event for all. I hope your schedule will allow you to join us. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact me at jcreig53@mindspring.com.
HOTEL INFORMATION
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Pooler - we have 54 rooms at $69. Ask for SCCA block. 912-348-4447 This property is 8 miles from the track just off I 95.
We also have 50 rooms at the Wingate by Wyndam also at $69. 912-964-8900 Again, ask for SCCA rate. 7210 GA-21 Port Wentworth, GA 31407 This property is 12 miles from the track just off I 95

To get these rates, you must reserve by 6-11-2020. We also have an option on 50 more rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at the same location as the Wingate. But, that is only is we fill the LaQuinta and Windgate.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:23 pm 

Jim:

I know I am old and get easily confused but the published schedule calls for Sunday racing for groups 8-14 but I see no identification of groups 8-14. Sunday schedule shows qualifying for groups 1-7.

Any clarification will be appreciated.

John

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 pm 

Look on the right side of each group. For instance, Group 1 has race 1, 8 on the right side.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:44 pm 

Jim - what are the rules/procedures for getting an annual with all the social distancing requirements from SCCA?

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/AllState

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:27 pm 

We are going to have roving tech on Friday and will try to get those who need one. However, we do have a waiver from the Chief Steward for 6 months grace period if needed. As far as gear goes, if your helmet had a 2019 decal, we will just visually check your suit and Hans for the SFI and give you a 2020 decal for you to put on your helmet. We have had some stamps made so the tech crew can just stamp your logbook rather than having write in it. Toni and I can both do annuals starting Thursday afternoon. We both will make sure we get it done as easy as possible.

Registration will be super easy if you have an annual waiver. Just show it and they will give you your arm band and a slip to show tech that you have checked in at registration. Non hard cards will have to sign but they are working on a way to keep the sheets safe. We would like teams to social distance themselves in case of a line. We have three of the best registrars in the country, Betsy Speed, Wanda Cecil and Sharon Rollow. They all are very experienced and will help you if needed. We will send out a number of emails to all who register advising of these and other things. I am also working with the track to make track sign in before our registration opens easy. The track usually opens early Thursday afternoon to let everyone in to set up for the test day. We will let you know the time in an email.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:11 pm 

We are still four weeks away from the Majors/Double SARRC at Roebling Road. The Prod field is looking great with seven entries in EP, four entries in FP, eight entries in HP and two entries in GTL. Again, a reminder that the entry fee is only $395 and includes Saturday night dinner for all your crew. And the best decorated team table will receive a full refund of their entry fee. We will also have free bottled water and ice cream all day. We've ordered extra ice cream since Sam Moore may be there. The cut off date to take advantage of the $69 hotel rate is 6/11.

If you plan to attend, please enter early so we can plan for food. No charges will be made on your credit card until the event starts.

We are going to make every effort for this to be an easy, smooth event. There's plenty of room in the paddock and a lot of electrical hook ups. There is a modest fee for electrical hook ups but camping is free. The concession stand will be open starting Friday morning for breakfast and lunch. Their food is reasonably priced and well prepared. As I said, they are SCCA members and always give us special treatment.

Everyone stay safe and hope to see you there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:47 am 

jim, are we going to be "required" to wear masks of some sort like other recent races? Or will this be like i see almost everywhere in ga where its optional.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 am 

Is anyone else from the northeast starting their season with this race? I just registered, couldn't wait any longer to get started.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:58 pm 

The hotel deals expire on June 11th so make your reservation before then. We are asking everyone to social distance and use a mask when you can not social distance. We will work with everyone to keep everyone safe. I have 500 masks that I purchased and they will be available free to those who need them. And don't forget we are giving away a free entry to the team who has the best decorated table for Saturday night dinner.

I just did a short track race last night and when I went to the spotters stand, everyone agreed to keep a distance and use a mask only when not (it was 93 degrees at the start of the race and high humidity). A lot of these guys know each other well and they ended up in social groups. Very few people in the stands had a mask. This was near Burlington, NC, an area that has not been hit very hard except for elderly folks. The track did check temperatures of everyone going in. BTW, the area around Savannah and the race track also has had a low virus incidence. We will also be checking temperatures.

We will do our best to make this a good event for everyone. And as I said, Roebling is not a difficult track to learn and is well suited for prod cars. The prod group is race #2 and will be finished before lunch so you can hit the road home early on Sunday plus it will be a bit cooler for Sunday. Right now, we have 9 HP, 8 EP and 7 FP cars entered. Not bad for nearly three weeks to go till races.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:47 am 

Weather is looking good for next weekend with only a small chance of rain. Entry for EP is now at 10, HP 9 and FP 7. If you are on the fence about entering, email me and I will send you the email sent to all concerning the event safety. Masks will be required at registration, tech and when you are away from your own paddock place and within 10 feet of another person. We are serving a boxed dinner for all and will have all types of beverages. Again, everything will be done with your safety in mind. Registration closes in three days. Entry fee only $395. And you can get both Majors credit and SARRC points.

email jcreig53@mindspring.com

PS- Free ice cream and free ice bottled water all weekend.