Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Watkins Glen Super Tour
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:51 am 

...cancelled.

https://www.theglen.com/Articles/2020/0 ... anges.aspx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:56 am 

Ouch....Topeka has to adjust Runoffs qualifying standards....there just won't be enough races to keep them as is. Its too bad that the program to require points, finishes, etc. will be forced to the side by C-19.

Dayle

(please do NOT PM me through this site as I cannot respond to them)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 am 

Damn, I thought this might be the race in the NE that got us kick started.....wondering which race will be the one.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:21 am 

Well while any cancellation sucks (especially at the Glen, God's racetrack), its not like you guys "need" Super Tours, or Majors to get to the runoffs right?
You just do a few regionals and "in".
Its not like they have made the path super difficult to get there.

You dont even have to finish regionals, if I have it right just take a few greens???
Apologies if I got it wrong.

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:39 pm 

Under current regs you need at least two Majors or Super Tour weekends and three finishes (plus two Regional weekends) to qualify for the Runoffs.

https://www.scca.com/downloads/48191-20 ... 9/download

The only two remaining Northeast Majors events are Thompson (July 11-12) and NJMP (July 17-19). A full Majors season within 10 days.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:09 pm 

Greg Amy wrote:
Under current regs you need at least two Majors or Super Tour weekends and three finishes (plus two Regional weekends) to qualify for the Runoffs.

https://www.scca.com/downloads/48191-20 ... 9/download

The only two remaining Northeast Majors events are Thompson (July 11-12) and NJMP (July 17-19). A full Majors season within 10 days.

Greg,
Please correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC the spring VIR event was moved to an August date at PIR and the Pocono event was postponed and searching for a replacement date?

So theoretically we could have as many as four majors occurring within a very short period of time.

While I personally have no ambition to go to RA, those of you that do could be very busy during July/August....lets hope so anyway.

Tom B.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:01 pm 

mcfoo wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC the spring VIR event was moved to an August date at PIR and the Pocono event was postponed and searching for a replacement date?

I don't know if it's been declared official, but Pocono is a cancel. And yes, the Steel Cities PittRace is still a Super Tour (and you should go; I'm told it's a fun track!) But for those of us in central New England it's quite the hike, not a weekend trip (especially for those of us with reduced billable hours and can't take a Monday off).

I need to have a heart-to-heart with mah racin' pard, but I think we're "done" for 2020. Likely to just stick around locally to him and run some NJMP races.

But if'n I can get access to a cheap RV trailer, I'll tow it with the Excursion for the Runoffs week and continue the 2nd Annual Most Excellent New England Region Party.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:06 am 

I'm registered for the June 5-7 event at NJMP Lightning. It looks like the only way to get any track time is to do some regionals. It will be interesting as I've never driven Lightning and I have a new shock package. Hope to see some old friends there.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 am 

We are a go for the SEDiv Majors/Double SARRC at Roebling Road on June 27 28. The entry fee is only $395. We have made special arrangements with several local hotels for a $65 a night room rate and are making every effort possible to make it a safe but fun event. I'm going to post all the info on a thread. Link for registration is https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/sediv-double-majors-sarrc-roebling-road-raceway-scca-southeast-division-785473

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 4:24 pm 

Any ice cream, Jim?