prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:42 am 

CharlieC wrote:
Perfect Kevin

A big second from me.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:25 am 

Great response, Kevin. Some of the best racing that I have ever seen from the Production groups. Excellent drives by all. Each make of car will always have its' strengths and weaknesses, kudos to the CRB for their efforts with parity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 am 

You guys make me sick to my stomach...enough stroking Kevin already. :D Although he needs a good hug after VIR.

Facts are facts, data is data, but results are the facts no matter how we got there and they are a significant factor in our opinions. If the membership wants to see actions the results have to play a large factor along with the data (that we don't see) for the comp board decisions. I don't want to hear about the development effort, driver skill, or someone's wallet as having an impact on the comp boards decision as those are variables that either payoff when put together or just someone getting what they want out of the club. I know where I fit...pick two as rarely do all three come together in "amateur" motorsports.

Personally I think all sedans need a 100lb weight hit but it should be invested in really big side view mirrors. :lol:

As for my race week it was so-so. We had better expectations for sure but quickly ran out of power/gear in Q3 as I tried to hang with the Hondas then lost 4 qualifying spots even after picking up another .5 sec. We scrambled to find a better gear (thanks Mike Miller) and that immediately found us some speed down the backstretch for the first few laps as we were back down in the torque band. After my lap 1 oak tree off I was able to recover and get to Sargis' bumper before running it off the end of the straight (not caught on tape :doh: ) and Broring as well as the big yellow school bus came into play again for a couple laps until the incident between turns 1-2-3. After that I lost my air-dam, radiator ducting, and front bonnet retention. The water temperature climbed to 250F+ before the FCY and then I pitted to see if there was a hole in the radiator but nope just all the ducting was bent in covering the radiator. Dad was able to remove a couple loose pieces and we continued on. Luckily I have a Fan and that was able to keep water between 220-230F but between the areo, overheating, and fan current draw I could no longer pull up the esses or down the straights by myself and we just motored around until Jason Lamana caught me and we had a great race for a few laps until I got by him for 9th the last time in Oak Tree...then all heck broke loose with Ron, Sargis, and the School Bus ultimately putting us in the tech shed.

All in all it was a great week and great to meet with everybody especially our paddock mates Camilleri, Kopley, Bartel/Collinshaw, Frame, Chima, Miller and Bax. And thanks to the HP field for a super competitve race for 4th on back, look forward to next time.

Congrats to Vesa!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:25 pm 

ERVRCG wrote:
Personally I think all sedans need a 100lb weight hit but it should be invested in really big side view mirrors. :lol:

LBC's should just buy these. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:04 am 

29 car H prod field, minus the grocery getters :D the field would have been 10. :cry:

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:21 am 

VWRalf wrote:
ERVRCG wrote:

LBC's should just buy these. :P

Funny but true story - it's the very first comments my coworker said after seeing the race coverage..."I'll give you the flag off of my truck from the sand dunes" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:15 am 

I have given serious consideration to painting the cage in my car orange for reasons of visibility !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:13 pm 

Ralf is what I'd do on that flag....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:56 pm 

For queen and country Bob? :D

Bob Hess wrote:
Bob Hess wrote:

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Taylor Race Engr/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Six Shooter Coffee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:09 pm 

Ok, I was in the HP race in a "TinTop". After racing the same car in ITC for 17 years with the CVCC Carburetored engine, in 2017, with Indy in mind, I took the same ITC Honda and qualified to go to Indy in HP. Along the way, my engine builder and I built a FI HP engine, which did not debut until I arrived at Indy w/ about 5 hours of dyno time & 1 Test Day on the Engine. Ran Indy on Hoosier R7's. Qualified 39th and finished 26th with a car that was +100 lbs overweight. Spent the next year (2018) racing in the SARRC Series, making improvements on the car and going from an Enduro Racing Mentality to that of a Sprint Racer. With VIR being the site of the 2019 Runoff's, I decided to try again, made more changes to the car, went on a Weight Reduction Program for the car (Driver is a lost cause :D ), spent the year Racing on Hoosier Radial Slicks and got faster. Results, this year I started 25th and drove my way up to 11th, so for me it was a good Runoff's.

Note: Because I ran in the SEDIV ECR series for multiple years in the Slowest Class on Track, I have a very Large mirror inside the car and two very usable outside rear view mirrors and can spot lbc's around me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next