prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm 

Way to go, Jon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 am 

Sounds like we had a similar weekend to Kevin.

What we thought was a miscalculation on fuel mileage combined with some sloshing on Saturday nipped us in the butt on Sunday as well on lap 9.

We led the first lap on Sunday, Reynolds and Brakke got by, Brakke blew up on lap 3 and we moved back up to 2nd. On lap 9 we lost fuel pressure again. This time we pumped out 5+ gallons though at a slow trickle. Pump sounds like a blender trying to crush ice.

On the way home we stopped for dinner and the tow vehicle decided to relieve itself of most of its coolant. We were able to switch the trailer to my Dad's truck and limp the 90miles home from there keeping the truck topped off. Happy Father's Day! Thanks Dad! :doh:

#38 EP BMW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:25 am 

Terry - nice laps and sorry about your troubles.

This thing solved all my BMW factory tank/pump issues: https://proshop.summitracing.com/parts/hpf-40007

I let that pump run the injectors- the other two are for feeding this thing, and moving returned fuel from the driver to the passenger side of the tank.

Works great.

See you next year- I'm planning for the sprints and the cat nationals and the runoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am 

We are running an ATL trunk mounted cell with an in-tank pump and surge setup. By the time we pumped out Saturday (very little came out) and the pump must have cooled enough to function normally. We just thought we got our mileage wrong. I didn't have a pump to throw parts at it anyway. It ran fine in the morning warm up but again, only 15 minutes, The pump is failing after a longer run. After the warm up we were even more convinced that it was us and not a part. We couldn't simulate in the paddock with just idling etc.

By the way, My name is Tim! :mrgreen:

#38 EP BMW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 am 

tschreyer wrote:
We are running an ATL trunk mounted cell with an in-tank pump and surge setup. By the time we pumped out Saturday (very little came out) and the pump must have cooled enough to function normally. We just thought we got our mileage wrong. I didn't have a pump to throw parts at it anyway. It ran fine in the morning warm up but again, only 15 minutes, The pump is failing after a longer run. After the warm up we were even more convinced that it was us and not a part. We couldn't simulate in the paddock with just idling etc.

By the way, My name is Tim! :mrgreen:

Sorry about that - no idea where Terry came from. Looked funny when I was typing, too. I need a break from work.

I've got more money invested in the stock tank/pumps/lines than I would have if I just had started with the thing in the spare tire well. I think it might be better from a weight standpoint to have it in the stock location, but maybe not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:06 pm 

We spent 4 hours at the Sprints on Saturday and I come home from work today to find this:

Attachment:
Thomas Red Handed.JPG
Thomas Red Handed.JPG [ 50.17 KiB | Viewed 1983 times ]

I now have direct orders to finish the car...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:07 am 

planet6racing wrote:
We spent 4 hours at the Sprints on Saturday and I come home from work today to find this:

Attachment:
Thomas Red Handed.JPG

I now have direct orders to finish the car...

Nice!

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:12 am 

Fun weekend overall with no results but lots learned about the car and track. Number 1 piston doesn't go up and down anymore but I'll figure that out, this is the engine that came in the car.
Brakke broke a driveshaft on Sunday on the curbs at turn 5. Tim, sorry to see the fuel problems. Fun to watch you and Matt go down into 5 side by side. Nicely done.

JPM engines took first in all 3 prod groups on Sunday. Not a bad weekend at all!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:46 am 

If ya hurry, it'll be done for his drivers' school.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:28 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
If ya hurry, it'll be done for his drivers' school.

Hey now! :evil:

Oh, wait, it certainly does seem that way recently...