Ready for some actual racing again.

January 4-6th, Homestead:
EP - 9 Entries
4 - Kip Vansteenburg - Black 1990 Porsche 944s2 - German Excellence
12 - Mark Forbes - Blue 1992 Mazda Miata - 305 MOTORSPORTS/B & D Autotech
21 - Greg Ira - Orange 1971 Datsun 240Z - Z Trix
42 - Paul Lopez - White/Purple/Pink 1973 Mazda RX3 - Motorsport Engineering
44 - Jeff Young - Green 1980 Triumph TR8 - The Greys from Zeta Reticuli
51 - Eric Powell - white 1987 Porsche 944 - CCP Fabrication/Kostopoulos Autosport
96 - Jeffrey Cripe - White 1997 BMW E36 - Bimmerworld, German Cars of Sarasota, Active Autowerke, Hoosier
139 - Jud Scott - blue/silver 1991 Porsche 944S2 - Scott CPA
157 - Paul Easy - Silver 1988 Mazda RX7 - easySpeed

FP - 3 Entries
25 - Mark Weber - Red 1993 Mazda Miata - Mazda, Goodyear, Hawk, Red Line Oil
61 - Don Ahrens - RED BLACK 1991 MAZDA MIATA - AhrensAuto,Maxda, Hoosier
07 - Andrew Wright - black 1962 triumph spitfire - Red Line Oil, Hoosier

HP - 4 Entries
6 - Andrew Wright - green 1965 triumph spitfire - east tennessee race prep
11 - Tim Pitts - Yellow/Blue 1988 VW Golf - Performance Tuning
91 - Rob Horrell - Black/Red 1989 Honda CRX - Horrell Group Architects
02 - Leanna Wright - Blue 2004 MINI Cooper - East Tennessee Race Prep

GTL - 5 Entries
14 - Charles Leonard - Red w/ white hood 1997 Nissan 200SX - JB Racing, Hoosier Tire, Appalachian Tire
15 - Paul Mevoli - blue/white 1994 Nissan Sentra - Tooth Life
49 - Ted Phenix - yellow 1977 Austin Mini Cooper 'S' - GNA alutech inc.
72 - Peter Shadowen - yellow 1990 Honda CRX-SI - Road N Race Automotive, Goodyear
03 - Chris Kopley - silver 1965 austin mini - AER

January 11-13th, Sebring:
EP - 7 Entries
2 - Greg Ira - Orange 1971 Datsun 240Z - Z Trix
4 - Kip Vansteenburg - Black 1990 Porsche 944S2 - German Excellence
30 - Charles Guest - Blue 1989 Mazda Rx7 - American Building Service.inc
42 - Paul Lopez - White/Purple/Pink 1973 Mazda RX3 - Motorsport Engineering
54 - Don Tucker - White/Blue 1995 Mazda Miata - LabWare LIMS
71 - Steve Rose - White 1985 Mazda RX7 - Garmon Perez Motorsports
96 - Jeffrey Cripe - White 1997 BMW E36 - Bimmerworld, German Cars of Sarasota, Active Autowerke, Hoosier

FP - 10 Entries
3 - Doug Weaver - Blue & green 1990 Mazda Miata - Mazda/Hoosier/Carbotech/Summit/Harris Concrete/Jesse Prather Motorsports
25 - Mark Weber - Red 1993 Mazda Miata - Mazda, Goodyear, Hawk, Red Line Oil
27 - Richard Gallup - white 1990 Mazda miata - Mazda,hooiser,carbotech,summit racing
38 - Weber Manning - blue 1991 Mazda Miata MX-5 - Robin Racing
51 - Ken Kannard - Light Blue 1990 Mazda Miata - Northwest Cable Const., Hoosier Racing Tire, OPM
61 - Don Ahrens - RED BLACK 1991 MAZDA MIATA - AhrensAuto,Maxda, Hoosier
79 - David Boles - Black/Blue 1997 Volkswagen Golf III GTI - Boles Motorsports
99 - Michael Kamalian - WHITE 1997 MAZDA MIATA - RevolutionSpeed.com Hoosier G-Loc
07 - Andrew Wright - black 1962 triumph spitfire - Red Line Oil, Hoosier
176 - W Jeffry Stein - Blue 1980 VW Scirocco - Alliant National Title Insurance Company; FLTA; Boles Motorsports

HP - 8 Entries
1 - Ron Bartell - Blu/wht 1962 MG Midget - Hoosier Tires
6 - Andrew Wright - green 1965 triumph spitfire - east tennessee race prep
11 - Louis Boustani - YELLOW 1990 VW GTI - LTB AUTOSPORTS
64 - Mike Miller - Black 1967 AH Midget - Comptune,Appalachian Race Tire, Wilwood
73 - Darryl Saylor - White/Red 1984 Honda CRX - My Wife, Rivergate Restoration
86 - Phillip Ellis - Silver 1986 VW Golf - Karma Racing/Linfert Performance/Boles Racing
91 - Rob Horrell - Black/Red 1989 Honda CRX - Horrell Group Architects
02 - Leanna Wright - Blue 2004 MINI Cooper - East Tennessee Race Prep

GTL - 6 Entries
14 - Charles Leonard - Red w/ white hood 1997 Nissan 200SX - JB Racing, Hoosier Tire, Appalachian Tire
15 - Paul Mevoli - blue/white 1994 Nissan Sentra - Tooth Life
49 - Ted Phenix - yellow 1977 Austin Mini Cooper 'S' - GNA alutech inc.
72 - Peter Shadowen - yellow 1990 Honda CRX-SI - Road N Race Automotive, Goodyear
03 - Chris Kopley - silver 1965 austin mini - AER
107 - Carlos Diaz - White 1992 Acura Integra - HawkEye Drones

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

Post subject: Re: Sebring HP Synopsis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 am 

Ron Bartell was off a little in the first few sessions giving the rest of us hope . Ellis , was low time in Q1 and Q2, I was a little off but scrambling for little bits here and there. I traded out my low time slicks for the take offs from Preston's SM for Q2 . Went about the same times but dropped a little further from Phil .
Ron thought that he would give us guys a chance by leaving his transponder unplugged in Q2. He had put in his good engine and drove away from the 3 VWs , so we knew it he was on the mark again.
I made a list and went to bed Sat. Ron was working on his car over night . I woke and and his engine was out again. I offered any help that I could. I mentioned that I had to go work on my car as I smelled a little blood :) . The engineering, care and love into his car is amazing.
So I went over my car a bit more and made some changes that should make a difference,( better or not) added rear cross to plant the RR under brakes, etc.

Sat race; Phil got a good start and had about 100ft on me by the T7-T10 straight, I pointed a Mazda RX3 to the right and he stuffed to my left @ the kink and put me in the right side grass. Kept it straightish enough to get back on track @ the brake zone for T10. But Phil was gone by then . and Ron was coming up fast. Ron passed me outside T1 and ran down Phil in a few laps . I was fading about 40ft per lap and hoping that Louis would stay 1000 ft behind.
Ron spun in the hairpin and dropped to second , still about 300 ft in front of me . Thats how we finished .

Sun; Ron started in front and drove away. Louis got a good jump and passed both Phil and I into T3 . I elected to Follow Louis by Phil, boxing Phil out a bit , as Louis had been back a few tenths all weekend and I considered him less of a threat then Phil . Louis promptly drove away from Phil and I as we all came up on Ron off pace. (tire down).
Louis was flying and strung up consistent laps. Phil and I both went off T5 a couple of times , swapping spots fairly gentlemanly. I could run up on him on the back straight and elected to follow him for the rest of the laps ,hoping to pass on the final straight and T 17 . My car got hot,possibly due to the drafting situation at less then WOT, Not sure yet, but the power went soft and I drove it on the trailer 2 or 3 laps short. Mike Miller Drove a consistent race to take third. Well done .

Other notes. The scales were all over the place and closed!! some times. Seems as tho with that many tech peeps they could stagger lunch and maybe consider keeping the scales open, like a pro race.
Impound/tech was low impact . My only request was to verify reverse gear. Odd , as reverse doesnt not spin when going foreward.
Met some very nice people, Darryl Saylor, Mike Miller. Ron saved my a parking spot .:) The VW guys .
The Mini looks like the perfect smokin hot race car and I was intimidated by it. Really pretty .
The dinner was excellent as always.

Thanks,MM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 am 

I had a blast. Finished 7th both days. Rob, Leanna and I had fun at the back of the pack. On Sunday coming out of the hairpin, I think I bent a valve and pulled off. Cylinder head comes off tonight.
Correction: I didn't bend 1, I bent all of them. Looks like the belt jumped.

The hardest part was leaving the track with it being 81 degrees and getting out of the truck at home at 3am and it was 36 degrees.

It was nice to meet you too Mike. I hope to get back down there soon.

#10 HP SEDiv 1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
#73 HP SEDiv 1984 Honda CRX