prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:27 am 

If you need another finish (as I do) then come on out to the High Plains "Last Chance" Majors on Aug 25/26.

Registration here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 2DBC84DF66

The entry list is, admittedly, pathetic. Most folks are not only qualified but have their cars apart prepping for the runoffs (or don't give two nickels about it).

Code:
Group 4:
28   Lamkin, William   E Production      1998   BMW 328   Hoosier/JessePratherMotorsports   Broomfield, CO
88   Jensen, Paul F.   F Production      1991   Mazda Miata   Hoosier,Mazda,RaceToWinTeam   Colorado Springs, CO
'04   Goodale, Jonathan   GT-Lite      2009   Mazda MX-5 Miata   Mazdaspeed/Hoosier/1-800-FIGHT-MS/JoeApex.com, Summit Racing, Hawk Brakes   Conifer, CO

I expect Little Bill and Guy Ruse to enter, but maybe they've already qualified.

I also expect them to move us down to Group 1 with the T2 etc. My Father-in-law is coming out from Cali; I think he will want me to win overall; I'll have to set expectations and be sure he knows I only need to finish 1/2 the leader's laps +1 (to get points, not to qualify) :)

On that note, looks like some really fast guys in T2 are coming out to run against our local fast M3s.

The new AC is installed in the trailer and I may be not completely fried Saturday evening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 am 

This is going to be a big event. We are up to 58 cars including the regional cars.

2009 Mazda MX-5 12A GTL #04
SCCA Member #97968

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 am 

Wow, this is going to be a big weekend for the Colorado Region Majors at High Plains.

Right now we are at 72 Majors entries and 20 Regional entries!!

So close to breaking 100!!!

2009 Mazda MX-5 12A GTL #04
SCCA Member #97968

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 am 

Man look at those T2 entries. That will be a great race to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:54 pm 

The T2 race in Group 1 is a Top 10 Runoff race. It should be really exciting to watch. I am actually going to work corners just so I can watch this race in the second best seat. Weather looks favorable and the track with new paving this year has been really FAST. This has turned out to be our largest race of the year with drivers coming in from 9 states. Always room for a few more if your close by. Would be nice to break 100.

Jim Stinehelfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:48 am 

when the runoffs are out west i think it logically follows that an event like this that is last chance will always see an appreciable bump in attendance. good for colorado region!! i was at the opening weekend of this track and liked it a lot. monsoon rains at 3:30 every day on otherwise sunny days. happened in the middle of my race and made things quite exciting..... still do that in july/august?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:30 am 

mlewis wrote:
when the runoffs are out west i think it logically follows that an event like this that is last chance will always see an appreciable bump in attendance. good for colorado region!! i was at the opening weekend of this track and liked it a lot. monsoon rains at 3:30 every day on otherwise sunny days. happened in the middle of my race and made things quite exciting..... still do that in july/august?

Climate change is altering that pattern. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:40 pm 

Just a great event. The T2 race had so many heavy hitters and did not disappoint with great racing and even track records.

Great job Colorado region!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:01 am 

Race report any one? (for those of us doing the "play along at home" game ...)

Thanks!
Kelley Huxtable
DMVR
"PLAY SAFE"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:30 am 

Kelley - sorry I didn't get to do much but get myself on track. It was hot, but not over 100* which was nice. Plus I have new AC in my trailer so the weekend didn't seem miserable from a weather perspective. It did rain a little - it's a blur now - but I think that was in the afternoon on Sunday maybe.

Anyway, I tested on Friday and "got some help" getting my setup right.

Saturday morning for qualifying, I put on new tires, but I can't say I drove all that well.

Saturday race, start got waived off because a couple guys were just going to get a finish, but they hung back and the starter wasn't happy. I had planned on racing with Jon Goodale, but I counted laps wrong, and wound up letting him go by on the back straight on the last lap. We battled a little but he got me at the finish for the overall win.

Sunday was more of the same for us. I put on super old DOTs and wasn't expecting much but drove much better.

The only racing I got to see was T2, and it was a barn burner. Jason Ott and Mark Boden had a hell of a battle in their respective BMW/Porsches. Jason got the overall win and a new track record to go with it. Mark was leading for a long time, but started smoking and fell back a few spots but stayed out.

I think the Co Region has come a really long way in the last few years. Registration takes just a few minutes, everything seems well organized, and with the exception of too-loud, too-long Karaoke on Saturday night, I wouldn't change a thing. (Sorry to the karaoke guys who I know are having a great time.)