prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:25 pm 

Thanks Rick! Will see if I can find it.
Hit me up on t-shirts next year and I will see if we can hook you up!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 pm 

We travelled through Virginia and North Carolina today, stopped in Reidsville, NC to get a hotel room. No power here, but took the room anyways.

Any updates of the track? I will be there tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

We left Asheville NC at noon in the motorhome. Almost no rain until we got to Mocksville, about a 100 miles Then, we caught up with the rain. As we got to the Winston Salem by pass, the winds picked up and the rain was torrential. In Greensboro at 4 PM, we made the turn north on 29 and immediately got hit with a side wind hard enough to unroll some of the awning. About 10 miles north of Greensboro, we started seeing downed trees and came to one totally blocking the south bound lanes. Twice we went around a tree blocking one lane of the north bound. At times, we and everyone were just going 35 MPH. Several other trees again blocked the entire south bound lanes. When we finally reached 58 east, we were greeted by 4 feet of water blocking the road at the end of the Danville Airport runway. All traffic was deverted thru a shopping center. It was wild watching a tractor trailer dodge parked cars. Once back on 58, we came to a water fall coming from the west bound lane putting about 2 feet of water flowing across our lane. Some cars turned around but trucks and us in the motorhome eased thru it. All tolal from Asheville to the track, we saw 31 wrecks mostly single car spin outs 4 of which were SUV roll overs. And it just amazes me how many idiots think it's ok to drive 40 MPH in the left lane just because they have on their flashers. And one must have been trying to get help because she was texting.

When we arrived at the track about 5:30 PM, we were told the road to the main paddock was flooded and we were sent to the North Paddock. The rain stopped about 7 PM and at dark, we decided to venture to the main paddock. The road down coming into the paddock still had water flowing across it but it was down and people were parking. No one came to tell us this! There is no power anywhere on the property that we saw. There maybe emergency lighting at the hotel but it looked dark when we went by. The wind is still blowing now at 11 PM but no rain. If they get power restored, everything should be fine tomorrow. Sure is dark here right now. Drive safe!

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:58 am 

DAAAANG. Be safe everyone!

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:35 am 

Racetrack road at 57 is flooded / closed. Heard rumors the event is cancelled, can anyone confirm?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:37 am 

The word is the whole weekend is cancelled. Picture is from my ITS friend David Plott. It's Hog Pen and he said they were told the river hasn't crested yet.

Attachments:
hoglake2.jpg
hoglake2.jpg [ 972.98 KiB | Viewed 487 times ]

#10 HP SEDiv 1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
#73 HP SEDiv 1984 Honda CRX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 am 

Fellow competitors and volunteers:

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen flooding of the Dan River, our Goblin’s Go event has been cancelledby VIR management. The river is out of its banks and is up to the edge ofand around turn one and is not predicted to subside for the next 24 hours.Although the track can operate without power, it can’t operate with wateron it. This area and west of here was inundated with heavy rain for most ofyesterday afternoon by Hurricane Michael.

Everyone who registered andpaid will automatically receive a full refund. Sadly, some things are out ofour control.

Sam Fouse, RE
Anna Crissman, Asst. RE
Bruce Dover, Office Manager and Chief Registrar
Mark Senior, Eric Danielsen, Justin Deffenbaugh, Race Chairs

#10 HP SEDiv 1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
#73 HP SEDiv 1984 Honda CRX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:09 am 

MAN!
Would be sorry to hear that the event is canceled after alot of people have made an effort to get there.
Picture kinda reminds me of the West Palm Beach track in the '70's. They would introduce scuba divers at the drivers meeting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:20 am 

Could be worse; could be next year's Run-Offs.

RJS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:40 am 

Damn!
Turning around in southern NJ, headed back to NH.
Was really looking forward to this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next