prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:49 am 

Brett, Michael:

Not sure I can manage the logistics for the Saturday evening cookout at the ARRC. Sam Fouse has already suggested we hold the next Prod Fest at the double SARRC/double MARRS race next May. There will not be a Prod Fest in the fall due to the Runoffs.

Rick

#27 FP MGB
#0 ChumpCar TR6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:01 am 

Wow - What a bummer. Like many I worked on my car for the last two months getting ready for what looked like it was going to be the Runoffs of the East in H. A chance to run against all the top drivers who didn't go to the real Runoffs. A multi-time champion in Steve, and two or three of the top 5 guys in the country, not to mention a bigger field than in Sonoma. I was psyched. Rebuilt the motor, fixed the tranny, and repaired a couple years of minor body damage (thanks Brian) and repainted three-quarters of the car getting ready.

Started the trip to VIR with plenty of time to get there. However, somewhere in Connecticut a leveling valve in the rear of the MH let go, so the back end was dragging. In the middle of a monsoon I laid on my back in a puddle and did a temporary fix so we could get back on the road and not be too late. Got going at 5:00 AM on Friday so I missed any e-mail about the track conditions. Met up with my brother who was helping that weekend and we arrived at the gate at VIR only to have the guard tell us the event was cancelled. First time in all my years racing that an event I was going to was called off. We couldn't believe it.

Not too big a deal for me travel wise, because I was on my way to Florida, but my brother drove 5 hours each way for nothing. Such a disappointment. I have wanted to go to this Prod Fest thing for years and this would have been an epic one.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 am 

Ron:

I am equally disappointed for all of the reasons you mentioned, plus one I guess – I was not able to get my car ready in time so I was just going to be watching from the sidelines.

Sam Fouse has offered up the May 2019 double SARRC/MARRS event for the next ProdFest as we do not have our traditional October date next year because of the Runoffs. I am hoping we can still get a lot of the Prod and GTL drivers to show up.

Rick

#27 FP MGB
#0 ChumpCar TR6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 pm 

Ron Bartell wrote:
.... and repaired a couple years of minor body damage (thanks Brian)

Me? What did I do? Sounds like it looks great now, so you're welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 pm 

BLinn wrote:
Ron Bartell wrote:

You don't remember the first corner at Mid O? You appologized and it wasn't a big hit. As I said I had a bunch of minor hits that hadn't been fully repaired. I remembered yours because we had just fixed the Dzeus on that corner. Anyway, no big deal. Just wanted to pull your chain because I can't be out at Sonoma where I want to be.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 pm 

Ron Bartell wrote:
BLinn wrote:
Ron Bartell wrote:

You don't remember the first corner at Mid O? You appologized and it wasn't a big hit. As I said I had a bunch of minor hits that hadn't been fully repaired. I remembered yours because we had just fixed the Dzeus on that corner. Anyway, no big deal. Just wanted to pull your chain because I can't be out at Sonoma where I want to be.

Oh man that was two years ago! Too late to blame me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 am 

At Mid O, Brian hit the same dent he made on my back panel that he made in 2007 at HPT. At least the second time his car was yellow. :applause:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:17 am 

so read on the facebook page that the race is on again in december?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:22 am 

Michael:

The Goblins Go is back on again, but I personally have a conflict that weekend, so no special "Prod Fest" trophies, Saturday cookout, etc. I am also not sure if the Prod/GTL folks will get their own separate race group (though I don't know that they won't either).

The next Prod Fest will be in May 2019 at the SARRC/MARRS double.

Rick

#27 FP MGB
#0 ChumpCar TR6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:12 am 

I can't plan the travel time a second time this year.

Also, after the day we had at Mid-Ohio, I'm not planning on doing events that have an enduro attached to them in the future. Too much pressure on session count and session time for the sprint races to allow for any incidents to be reasonably cleaned up, and everyone get the track time they expect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next