prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:15 pm 

Best sounding video yet Brian! *Sigh* All these videos just make me wish I’d turned more laps. It’s going to be a long off-season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:03 am 

Fun to watch the mix of the two cars after about the 14-minute mark, when Brian gets back onto Jason's bumper. If anyone is still confused on how a FWD car can ever be fast, just watch Jason wheeling that Yaris, especially through the esses. Drive it at a serious slip angle all the time, keep your foot in it, constant steering inputs, and trust that the back-end will be there. If it looks composed and in control, then you're going too slow. :lol:

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:03 am 

Nice video Brian. Unfortunately the race was over 50 feet after the starting line. You must have gotten one of those "bad starts" that I am always being accused of. Apparently you didn't see the green flag from the front row.

You both drove really well (except for that little spin thing on your part), but I always think it is interesting that when you get up beside him, and he has four wheels in the dirt, he still manages to out-drag you to the next corner. How does that happen?

I can't say that Jason didn't deserve to win, because he did, but if this was supposed to be a Spridget track, and you have one of the best, what happens when the Runoffs moves to a track that favors the tin-tops?

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:44 am 

Jason told me during impound that the Yaris is gone. Toyota has to take it back in order to comply with government regulations.

I don't believe the Yaris was as much an over dog as the Malley Honda, but it was a tough one to beat once sorted and developed.

So, what's the pick for VIR? I have one in mind. Not a regular.

BTW, the region will shortly open registration for the canceled prod fest race. Good chance to get some early practice which if you not a regular will be needed.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:32 am 

What are they calling the cancelled race Jim? The "Goblins Snow" divisional?

#37 HP Sprite
Hoosier/Taylor Race Engr/Red Line/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Six Shooter Coffee/Capital Planners

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 am 

Jim:

To clarify, the next Prod Fest race will be in May 2019. The postponed Goblins Go event will be December 8-9 as you stated. (I cannot make that weekend so will not be there for the special trophies, cookout, etc.)

But the advice about getting more track time at VIR before the Runoffs is absolutely valid.

Rick

#27 FP MGB
#0 ChumpCar TR6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:52 am 

Ron Bartell wrote:
Nice video Brian. Unfortunately the race was over 50 feet after the starting line. You must have gotten one of those "bad starts" that I am always being accused of. Apparently you didn't see the green flag from the front row.

You both drove really well (except for that little spin thing on your part), but I always think it is interesting that when you get up beside him, and he has four wheels in the dirt, he still manages to out-drag you to the next corner. How does that happen?

I can't say that Jason didn't deserve to win, because he did, but if this was supposed to be a Spridget track, and you have one of the best, what happens when the Runoffs moves to a track that favors the tin-tops?

Armchair racing the Runoffs is almost as much fun as the actual race - no surprise considering games like fantasy football are a billion dollar industry.

Based on how qualifying played out the start of the race went pretty much as I think anyone would have expected... My car could run its fastest lap right out of the gate, it seemed to take 4-5 laps for Brian's car to get up to speed. Perhaps the only surprise was Brian giving up the shorter run up to Turn 2 by taking the outside. Right about the time Brian got going (and was easily catching me) we were into traffic, and rear wheel hop seemed to be his undoing.

Got to wonder how things would have gone with a little less rear brake bias in that LBC? I recall one finishing on the podium at Indy with only one rear brake. ;)
What if Fleming would have made the race and the front row at the start would have been a pair of LBCs? Based on how the starts went in June behind the pair of them it would have been a very different race.
What if Greg had four shocks actually attached to his car?
What if that LBC that had run off and disappeared at Mid-Ohio before it broke a rocker came out to Sonoma?
What if Mid-Ohio had a one to go flag?
What if...

I know Ron likes to think my car is a rocket, but once again the data doesn't agree with him. Brian and I qual a tenth apart, and race two tenths apart. And as has been the case every year since the Yaris came out it didn't crack the top three in trap speed.

As for VIR, I expect the winner wont be from Calif. If I am there it will be in a different car/class. Brian expressed he was going to take a break. I expect an epic VW vs. Datsun battle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:15 pm 

During the time of the Malley Honda (don't remember if Adam paid consequences) I was first starting to spectate road racing. Then came the Meller Honda, National Championships for Meller/Mosier/Loshak, consequences were paid. As I watched the Sonoma H race the Yaris seemed to pass at will, not so for the LBC. Not sour grapes, just observations. :mrgreen:

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm 

FP Racer wrote:
Jason told me during impound that the Yaris is gone. Toyota has to take it back in order to comply with government regulations.

Wouldn't be that hard to build another. Pretty sure just the chassis has to go to the crusher. The rest of the car can be transferred to a new chassis and those can be found pretty cheap. Could also be a good article for the magazine Jason. "Salvage to Champion." :twisted:
https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinderSea ... 22:null%7D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm 

VWRalf wrote:

Wouldn't be that hard to build another. Pretty sure just the chassis has to go to the crusher. The rest of the car can be transferred to a new chassis and those can be found pretty cheap. Could also be a good article for the magazine Jason. "Salvage to Champion." :twisted:
https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinderSea ... 22:null%7D

Been watching copart for appropriate chassis, but that wont happen in 2019.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next