prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:07 pm 

OE BMW or aftermarket?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm 

Okay, this is interesting.....I'm watching live T&S from group 2, and the video seems to be a looped copy of a previous group. Hmmmm……

Craig

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:51 pm 

Jason@SportsCar wrote:
OE BMW or aftermarket?

Jason it’s a fitech 40102.

Guess I’ll modify my tank over the winter to fit a Bosch 044 like everything else.

Nice laps btw.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:43 am 

Had a fuel issue that took all day to resolve.

I ran 98 Sunoco at high plains in August by mistake. I switched to 100 here, and despite emptying the tank, I still failed the fuel test for 100. Something about the test being very different as one fuel has alcohol and the other does not.

It took two more times of emptying the tank and both sumps and the lines before I passed. Lot of wasted money and time.

I’m not going to complain because I know the rules and I blew it - that said, the rules need to change. If I wanted to mix 98 and 100, both of which are legal, there’s no way to passs the fuel test.

I’m honestly not mad or complaining but the rules are bastardized into making you pick exactly one fuel which isn’t realistic. What if Sunoco isn’t available in your area.

I know we have to keep out the carcinogens etc, but something should be done. I never cheated but did not pass fuel without a considerable amount of work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:20 am 

That has been a perennial complaint.
Some cars are easier to drain and flush than others. Given that my car has 30ft of rubber lines (aeroquip blue stuff, whatever that is) that have had pump gas in them for the last 8 years, I have a feeling I would never pass the fuel tests without replacing all of them.

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 am 

Never got any clean laps. Tires didn’t even come up to pressure.

Somebody nosed it into the exit of the last 180 and we got the black flag all.

Tomorrow will be much better or at least I hope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:38 am 

What is this? No chatter about the Runoffs? No one is interested in how Brian Linn can qualify in both H and F in the same session? What is going on out there? Let's here some talk. It is the Runoffs even though there is a 2 second gap between 2nd and 3rd in H.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:29 am 

Yep I feel funny being the only one posting

Sure enough, Brian ran 1/2 the session in the lotus then came in and swapped to the midget for the second half.

Track knowledge is really important. Seconds. Folks here in July for the first time are a couple seconds faster this trip.

I have a diff issue and won’t make the session today. I have parts coming and will be back tomorrow.

Not a great runoffs for me in a lot of ways. I wasn’t ready prep wise and it shows. My segment 3 times are right on - just need to find 2 seconds in the other two segments :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 am 

Yeah, was watching the FP/HP group yesterday and it looked like Brian did two flyers in the FP car before hoping out and running something like five laps in the HP car.

Huffaker is flying in both FP and GTL. In other late-breaking news, the sky is blue.

I'm expecting times to tighten up a little bit as the week goes on, and the non-locals get some more laps in.

Funny watching the trap speeds, where HP cars are faster than EP cars. :lol:

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:10 am 

There was some chatter in the pits about huffaker and ermish getting tangled and causing ermish to wreck in 11. I was told ermish car left on a trailer for repairs (he’s apparently based very close by). Expected to return.

This is all paddock chatter so Ymmv.

Watching huffaker is just bizarre. It’s like we are on similar lines but he uses every ounce of track and he gets on and off the brakes and gas at points that may no sense to my brain. Then again I’m in 8th for a reason.

Not sure how to recover from the lost track time yesterday and now today.

I have to say this is one of the most fun tracks I’ve ever driven. Disappointed I will likely never return.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next