prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:32 am 

Ed Funk wrote:
Joe Harlan wrote:
Protech Racing wrote:
The early CRX is still too fast .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHfwlvnBdi4
Here is Funk running right about a second over lap record, rolling over Ron and should have rolled by Ogren except for poor shifting and sliding the clutch .

2 year old video?

Yup, 2 year old video. Ron didn’t have 3rd gear that day, if memory serves. Her shifting problem was traced to a bearing cage that came adrift and was fouling the 4-5 and 5-4 shift. Ogren was faster that day, first weekend at the track.....so who needs less power or more weight? Think Mike still has his panties in a bunch because they got taken off the top step for “working” on the car during a BFA. By the way it has been implied in the past by a well known LBC driver that it was Steph’s first weekend at WGI.....nope probably 20th weekend.

Basically Ed until she kicks their asses with a LBC its always gonna be the car is an overdog...:) sorry I didn't get to meet you both at Sonoma...I stopped by several times but your garage was closed up...

Joe Harlan Member #175515

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm 

Runoffs videos have been posted.

HP: https://www.scca.com/videos/2035604

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:00 pm 

Tom Feller wrote:
Ron, I think the old Honda is a 1237cc if I recall correctly. Full prep 1237. It was fast as balls.
1230, 1320, at least I got some of the digits right. Was the rest of the history lesson accurate? I wasn't sure that he screwed up in the keyhole, but I knew that he came on to the straight way behind and finished way ahead. Last time he did that.
Ed Funk wrote:
…….Ron didn’t have 3rd gear that day, if memory serves.
Actually I broke the output shaft of the tranny and it stuck in second gear. I had a nice lead on the field but the BFA put everyone right behind me for the restart.
Ed Funk wrote:
By the way it has been implied in the past by a well known LBC driver that it was Steph’s first weekend at WGI.....nope probably 20th weekend.
I guess I was giving her too much credit. First time on the track - nice job...... 20th time on the track - not so much. I don't think I have had 20 weekends there yet.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm 

Ron Bartell wrote:
Tom Feller wrote:
Ron, I think the old Honda is a 1237cc if I recall correctly. Full prep 1237. It was fast as balls.
1230, 1320, at least I got some of the digits right. Was the rest of the history lesson accurate? I wasn't sure that he screwed up in the keyhole, but I knew that he came on to the straight way behind and finished way ahead. Last time he did that.
Ed Funk wrote:
…….Ron didn’t have 3rd gear that day, if memory serves.
Actually I broke the output shaft of the tranny and it stuck in second gear. I had a nice lead on the field but the BFA put everyone right behind me for the restart.
Ed Funk wrote:
By the way it has been implied in the past by a well known LBC driver that it was Steph’s first weekend at WGI.....nope probably 20th weekend.
I guess I was giving her too much credit. First time on the track - nice job...... 20th time on the track - not so much. I don't think I have had 20 weekends there yet.

Yeah I don’t think he made a mistake. I just pulled a dive bomb move into the keyhole and made it a double apex. He didn’t expect it. He posted the speed coverage on YouTube but they missed the move covering some other cars.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_lwAbeCeI

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:27 pm 

.[/quote]I guess I was giving her too much credit. First time on the track - nice job...... 20th time on the track - not so much. I don't think I have had 20 weekends there yet.[/quote]

Actually, again if memory serves, you were implying that a first time driver in a “tin top” doing that well obviously had too much HP or not enough weight. Steph had had rotator cuff surgery on the right shoulder about 3 months prior and the 2-3 and 4-5 shifts were painful.

Personally really wish that G Prod would come back....get really tired of the whining! Napa Valley, wine country! Lot’s of people seemed to have missed out on an exceptional opportunity! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 pm 

Ed Funk wrote:
I guess I was giving her too much credit. First time on the track - nice job...... 20th time on the track - not so much. I don't think I have had 20 weekends there yet.[/quote]

Actually, again if memory serves, you were implying that a first time driver in a “tin top” doing that well obviously had too much HP or not enough weight. Steph had had rotator cuff surgery on the right shoulder about 3 months prior and the 2-3 and 4-5 shifts were painful.

Personally really wish that G Prod would come back....get really tired of the whining! Napa Valley, wine country! Lot’s of people seemed to have missed out on an exceptional opportunity! :D[/quote]
Ed, we could find a nice place for her in GTL...I bet she would fit Peter Zekerts car pretty nicely!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:38 pm 

Joe Harlan wrote:
Ed, we could find a nice place for her in GTL...I bet she would fit Peter Zekerts car pretty nicely!

No poaching here GTL boy. Besides, shes way to classy to slum with you guys. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 pm 

Ed Funk wrote:
Actually, again if memory serves, you were implying that a first time driver in a “tin top” doing that well obviously had too much HP or not enough weight.
Actually your memory doesn't serve you very well. I was trying to congratulate both her and Mike Ogren on a great job of driving on what I thought was their first visit. There is a lot of track to learn at WGI and their lap times improved a lot over the weekend so I thought they hadn't been on it before. Don't read so much into it.

I wish G Production would come back as well.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:13 am 

Jason@SportsCar wrote:
Joe Harlan wrote:

No poaching here GTL boy. Besides, shes way to classy to slum with you guys. :lol:
t

Cant help myself, Hell we would even consider you welcome but only because you have a very nice wife...:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:23 am 

Joe Harlan wrote:
Cant help myself, Hell we would even consider you welcome but only because you have a very nice wife...:)

Jason's wife is bussy, she jumped into the dark side to race.

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next