prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:27 am 

Note for MLewis... Thanks for the cudos on Daytona but it was Central Florida Region who hosted the Daytona Runoffs. It was about as much work as we've ever done to put on an event. Even with running two pre-runoffs regionals for practice on the new configurations it turned out that something new popped up every hour. Things like a broken trailer tongue in the middle of the tunnel kept all of us hopping during the event. And how'd you like the underwater load in on Wednesday night? Track staff did a huge job of supporting us.

Bob
Paddock Marshall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:44 am 

No shade intended Bob. For a west coaster 'florida' was a generic comment. if it was central florida region then all credit and hats off to you!! hope t see you all again someday soon....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:34 pm 

None taken.You are welcome anytime you can make it.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:40 am 

Good to hear all the positive comments about my home track. Maybe not as challenging as it could be for lower production cars (But it could be! Lots of alternate configurations available there.) but still fun.
My story of the Regional this week end was both encouraging and disappointing. Qualified within 0.18 (or something) seconds off the pole time of my Nemesis Jerry in a Volkswagen. (Always enjoy racing against him) Turned the highest RPM on the banks I've ever turned in a H/P LP car thanks in part to a new front valence. Could keep him in sight on the banks and close in in the infield. Had a plan! Stay close & wait for another rear wheel lock up. But this plan came at a cost. I had to flog the engine outside it's valve train design parameters. As I'm running a 3.7 gear I sometimes have to hold 2nd or 3rd gear a little longer in places. Finally 1 lap from the end it dropped a cylinder. Bent exhaust valve. No smoke, high oil pressure, etc but was running on the hot side on water. (It was 92 deg Saturday.) Wound up loaning my carburetors to my friend Don for his Sunday race.
Learned a lot. Encouraged that the engine ran so well in spite of my abuse and disappointed I still cannot get the car to turn right. Hopefully I can make Sebring next month.