prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:45 am 

So far, H/P has 7 cars entered in H Prod. 3 of which are Spridgets. (And 1 Triumph) Wish there were more, but I understand how it's not exactly a track suited for LBC's. In the May race there, persistence in the rain with slicks got me a 2nd. This weekend looks like rain again.
Why subject an under-powered Spridget to the high bank abuse? Because it's 45 minutes from home, I have confidence in a well built LP 1275, and I get a chance to race. Anyone interested in an update Monday?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:29 am 

Sam ...

Yes! It's always fun to read the stories of a race weekend.

Thanks,
Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 am 

Would have been 1 more but I opted to race out of region because it's 3 1/2 hours closer to the house. I'm going to Mid-Ohio instead of Daytona. Daytona is about 11 hours which includes hopefully 2 gas stops where Mid-Ohio is about 7 1/2 with 1 gas stop.

#10 HP SEDiv 1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
#73 HP SEDiv 1984 Honda CRX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:32 am 

Daytona was the most fun of any race track I ever run. It had it all. Yes, the final part is for long legged cars but it still was fun. Little Joe was running away with the race in FP in 2015 until he had a problem. And the HP finish was the best in all Runoffs history. And the facility and area in second to none.

We are considering having the SIC there again in 2019. Feed your horses well.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:50 am 

[We are considering having the SIC there again in 2019.]

Jim
How do I enter and what is SIC?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 am 

The SIC is the SARRC Invitational Challenge and is the season ending event for the SARRC series. In order to be invited, drivers must enter 3 SARRC event weekends during the regular season. There is no waiver to this requirement. Drivers can count points from their best six regular season races plus the double points awarded at the SIC to determine final season Championships in each class. Classes are all GCR classes plus regional only classes listed on the SEDiv website which is http://www.sedivracing.com. Complete SARRC rules and race dates can also be found on the website.

The 2018 SIC will be held at Roebling Road on October 6/7. Class championship awards include a monogrammed jacket, t shirts, hats, patches, decals, a gear bag, a plaque and two tickets to the SEDiv awards banquet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 am 

"Daytona was the most fun of any race track I ever run. It had it all. ....."

i thought it was great fun too. that's why i was surprised at the light turnout for the runoffs there? Seemed like it ticked all the boxes? east coast, iconic history, bucket list for almost all but local drivers, good facility, stuff to do in the area. i thought florida region and nat'l office did a superb job. particularly mystifying was the lack of GT1 cars when daytona is one of the few places you can let the big dog run!! 1st and probably last time my jag hit 200 mph!!

i did hear that a lot of drivers feel intimadated by the banking?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:38 pm 

mlewis wrote:
"Daytona was the most fun of any race track I ever run. It had it all. ....."

i thought it was great fun too. that's why i was surprised at the light turnout for the runoffs there? Seemed like it ticked all the boxes? east coast, iconic history, bucket list for almost all but local drivers, good facility, stuff to do in the area. i thought florida region and nat'l office did a superb job. particularly mystifying was the lack of GT1 cars when daytona is one of the few places you can let the big dog run!! 1st and probably last time my jag hit 200 mph!!

i did hear that a lot of drivers feel intimadated by the banking?

Trans Am race same weekend as Runoffs that year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:15 pm 

based on last two runoffs that would account for 2-3 cars at most probably. We only had 10 GT1 cars total and i think only 8 started!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:46 pm 

For some reason, there was a rumor going around that a lot of GT1 cars had had tire failures on the banking. No one could name a name but I heard it constantly from the GT1 drivers.

Personally, I think the Runoffs should return to Daytona. I believe a lot of drivers who did attend were pleasantly surprised at how good the racing was. I know everyone was pleased with the facility including parking. There were big paved areas not used and almost no one complained about the room they had.

And many people said what nice hotel rooms they got for such a reasonable price.