prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:52 am 

This weekend is the return to repaved, and likely nuclear-hot High Plains Raceway.

Prod field:
Quote:
26 Collins, John E Production 1987 BMW 325is Albuquerque, NM
47 Jaeger, Michael E Production 1971 BMW 2002 Edgewood, NM
28 Lamkin, William E Production 1998 BMW 328 Hoosier/JessePratherMotorsports Broomfield, CO
53 Ruse, Guy E Production 1987 Mazda RX-7 BIG CHOICE Brewing Boulder, CO

32 Frank, Neal F Production 1990 Mazda Miata Santafepens.com, Krone Pen Co., Lamy Pen Co. & Retro 1951 Santa Fe, NM
'08 Hingston, Bill F Production 1990 Mazda Miata Little Bill Racing/JPM/Mazdaspeed/V8 Roadsters Aurora, CO
88 Jensen, Paul F. F Production 1991 Mazda Miata Hoosier,Mazda,RaceToWinTeam Colorado Springs, CO
86 Wagner, Randy F Production 1990 Mazda Miata Mazdaspeed, Hoosier Tulsa, OK

9 Blust, Bill GT-Lite Datsun 1200 Bailey, CO
'04 Goodale, Jonathan GT-Lite 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Mazdaspeed/Hoosier/1-800-FIGHT-MS/JoeApex.com, Summit Racing, Hawk Brakes Conifer, CO
22 Kelley, Aaron GT-Lite MG Midget AVP Engines/ The Race Shop Tulsa, OK
93 Meyer, Bill GT-Lite 1993 Toyota Tercel Geezer Racing Russellville, MO

Complete entry list:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 54C7553589

In an odd turn of events, EP is dominated by BMWs. In another odd turn, please have your contingency forms ready - there's 3+ cars in each class!

Personally, I've finally put the correct gears in my car, and upgraded Diffs while I'm at it. The tech guys will be happy to find out that I (currently) am sporting a new un-cracked windshield. I'm running on super-old tires, so don't expect much.

I don't mind that they have SM in with our group - the guys are (mainly) respectful and hopefully we return the favor and don't get into their race.

I'm loving the new schedule - long qualifier on Saturday morning, short race on Saturday afternoon, Majors race Sunday morning, load at 10, Chilis BBQ ribs at noon.

If you have cool suits, now's the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:51 am 

Pretty danged hot. Some classes faster from the replave some about the same.

I got balked on my hot lap but got the pole anyway.

Goodale Leading in GTL
Hingston leading FP

Hot.

Got ice for the cool suit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:25 am 

Jon goodale blew a motor yesterday during the race. I’ll let him say more if he wants to.

Bill hingston started in front of the FP horde and stayed there.

John Collins bmw blew a head gasket. He thinks he did it last race and it just showed up. He is now thinking he won’t make the runoffs.

Inness eiselle was reportedly in the stands but I didn’t get to talk with him. Word is that Jon longell’s car is not fixable.

My cool suit motor crapped out as I was suiting up. I drove the race wit a 1 gallon bag of melting ice in my suit. Great until it sprung a leak.

I went back to the DOTs from last spring. The car is better set up for them but the tires have about 4 races on them and they’re toast. So slower than quali and I’ll have to see if I can get back to speed today. I’m going to knock about a degree of camber out and see what happens. Braking should improve if nothing else.

Hot. Karaoke til 11pm which I’m sure was fun for the participants but pretty hard for the early risers. Someone decided to get into the act and was reviving their race car to the beat about 10pm.

Fun times.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 am 

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4 ... ddb25820df

Was hoping for something cooler on Sunday morning but it was 96 after the race.

I let myself down and never put in a complete lap. Parts were good but never put that one complete lap together.
I did run 7(!) laps in the 2:00s which is faster than I normally go.
I need some tire temps and camber changes to get that last half second of car. Driver needs even more help :)
Probably need less bar or more rear spring.

In other news: hingston was smoking fast in his Miata on Sunday.