prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:34 am 

FWIW, the Prod fields in the GLDiv were pretty miserable during 2012 as well, when the Runoffs were at Laguna. I think people just enjoy taking a year off every now and then to let funds, desire, vacation, family angst, etc. all replenish, and what better year to do that than when the Runoffs are basically considered unreachable by most people in the area?

I was really, really hoping to make this event, just because Grattan is awesome and I haven't been there in years, the food is amazing, and to support an event that finally put SRF and SM into late run groups! But...life got in the way.

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 am 

kruck wrote:
.....and to support an event that finally put SRF and SM into late run groups!

LOL....I'm glad I'm not the only one peeved at the way those two classes seem to always have primo scheduling.

Dayle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:02 am 

Good news to the attendees of this race.....since we scrunched two race groups together (which saved us some time), we're adding 5 minutes to each race on Saturday. We might as well reward those who showed up. No change for Sunday so everyone will be able to get on the road a bit earlier than expected. See you there.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:07 am 

How did the combined groups 3 and 4 work out? I was unable to attend this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 am 

We had an impound confrontation between a prod car driver and a DOT car driver but, in general, the fields melded fine and there were no on track incidents.

I suggested that the stewards split the field by group and that’s what they did. There was no 2nd pace car so the 2nd group (DOT) just hung back a few hundred yards.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 am 

I didn't love the split start on Saturday, mostly because the DOT guys were so close that the fast end of that group was right up into us slower Prod guys right away (the sick motor in my car didn't help in that regard either). I threw a rod on lap 3 and spent the rest of the Saturday race watching from the Turn 2 corner station, but it appeared that everyone filtered into their proper places after a few laps. Can't speak to the split on Sunday (DOT and slicks mixed together, save the B-spec guys who hung back in a second group), but it looked better to me from the stands.

H Prod CRX #66
F Prod CRX #66

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:42 am 

It was all ok. I was too slow to really have it as an issue. Some of the guys weren’t really mirror checkers but that is a problem in all classes.

Ex #8 HP Spitfire 1500 (it's happy at its new home)
#08 EP Honda S2000
Member #310579

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:18 pm 

Can someone give us a race report? Someone named Savage was giving Gauper some trouble in H? Do we have a new player? I know that Larry Savage bought Weber's Bugeye, and he was planning to put a 1275 in it for his Grandchild, but that is all I know. What happened?

And the split start - Why is it so difficult? If there is no pace car the grid people need to tell the pole sitter of the second group to let the last car of the front group to be at the end of the longest straightaway.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 pm 

Ron Bartell wrote:
Can someone give us a race report? Someone named Savage was giving Gauper some trouble in H? Do we have a new player? I know that Larry Savage bought Weber's Bugeye, and he was planning to put a 1275 in it for his Grandchild, but that is all I know. What happened?

Well....it’s like this.

Larry Savage is Dave Savage’s father.......and grandfather to Jameson and Holly. Larry bought Bob’s car for Holly to run. Holly couldn’t make the race so Jameson entered the bugeye in HP. It barfed a tranny at the Friday test day and so he brought out his GTL car instead.

He ran the GTL car Saturday but due to a T&S error it was listed as an HP car. He ran Sunday in the GTL but it then listed as in GTL.

So the mystery driver in a car giving Greg trouble wa actually a GTL car driven by Jameson. He’s a nice kid who’s rapidly catching Dad’s lap times.

So.....you got all that? Kinda convoluted......

Dayle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 pm 

Dayle Frame wrote:
Ron Bartell wrote:

Well....it’s like this.

Larry Savage is Dave Savage’s father.......and grandfather to Jameson and Holly. Larry bought Bob’s car for Holly to run. Holly couldn’t make the race so Jameson entered the bugeye in HP. It barfed a tranny at the Friday test day and so he brought out his GTL car instead.

He ran the GTL car Saturday but due to a T&S error it was listed as an HP car. He ran Sunday in the GTL but it then listed as in GTL.

So the mystery driver in a car giving Greg trouble wa actually a GTL car driven by Jameson. He’s a nice kid who’s rapidly catching Dad’s lap times.

So.....you got all that? Kinda convoluted......

Dayle
Got it - So the GTL entrant is a different car. Any history on that one?

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion