prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:57 am 

Come on out for the "Last Chance" Majors at Grattan Raceway. It's last Major in the GLDiv and NorCon.

WMR strives to put on the best event we can and this race weekend is no exception. Last week we threw a virgin into a volcano in Hawaii under a full moon so we'd have good weather. We have the usual GREAT Saturday night dinner party with Q-It-Up doing the catering. Grattan is a treacherous, technical and exciting track and if you haven't raced on it before, give it a try and you will not be disappointed.

Enter on or before 7/16 and the fee is $400 for a check, $425 for a credit card. Add $75 for an entry after 7/16. This is the same entry fee schedule as last year.

Contact the track (616.691.7221) if you want to run the track sponsored test day, rent a garage or a paved space on the upper paddock.

Go to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com for details and to register. As always, if you have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to contact me offline (hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com) and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Dayle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 am 

Bump.....

The window for the "Early Bird" discounted entry fee is closing on 7/16 (this Monday). If you want to save $75 on your entry, please go to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com and enter. GingerMan is in the books....if you know you'd like to race at Grattan, then enter this week to save the $75. You can always withdraw later without penalty.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:49 am 

27 cars last year.....28 in 2016.......8 this year. How sad. Looks like low attendance will cause our group to get folded in with someone. SRF or DOT are the choices....we'll see how the CSoM rules.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:01 am 

We’re a bunch of ep cars. What happened?

Ex #8 HP Spitfire 1500 (it's happy at its new home)
#08 EP Honda S2000
Member #310579

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 am 

Looks like the three RX-7s dropped out. Probably not enough to make any difference, but I have it on good authority that there is going to be a late GTL entry. Hopefully, there'll be a few others, but regardless, the numbers are disappointing.

H Prod CRX #66
F Prod CRX #66

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:20 am 

smackela wrote:
......but I have it on good authority that there is going to be a late GTL entry.

Scott....this post is not directed at you. I have quoted your post but please do not take my post personally. I look forward to seeing you Friday

I (and the Chief Steward) will NOT make decisions based on cars that are NOT entered. I don’t know who your talking about and I don’t care. Whoever it is has had over 4 months to enter and make their voice heard. They could have emailed me to let me know they’re intentions. They could have contacted the Registrar or Chief Steward as well. But they didn’t. Their loss....not mine.

To wait to the last few days (after reg has closed) does a disservice to fellow prod/GTL competitors, the host region and the registrar. She’ll have to hand enter data into MSR for a single person’s entry when she could be working on a variety of other things for the event. Seems kinda selfish on their part to me.

Currently the Chief Steward is leaning towards NOT combining groups.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:53 pm 

Quote:
To wait to the last few days (after reg has closed) does a disservice to fellow prod/GTL competitors, the host region and the registrar. She’ll have to hand enter data into MSR for a single person’s entry when she could be working on a variety of other things for the event. Seems kinda selfish on their part to me.

Motorsportsreg says registration closes tonight at 11:59. It's still open...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:59 pm 

Dayle,

No sweat, I get it on all counts and don't take it personally. Like I said, I didn't expect it to make any difference, nor would I expect decisions to be made based upon possible (as opposed to actual) entries. Personally, I like the incentives WMR provides to enter early and take advantage of them every time. Last year's Last Chance was my first Majors event and the difference in price compared to a regional was negligible. I don't quite understand why we're 20-ish cars short this year, though I suspect it has to do with the location of the Runoffs. Can't be the price, that's for sure.

H Prod CRX #66
F Prod CRX #66

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 pm 

JimStevens92 wrote:
Quote:

Motorsportsreg says registration closes tonight at 11:59. It's still open...

Only because I extended the reg window....it was supposed to close on Friday. I made no announcement of extending it. This allowed the registrar to enter late entries without penalty.

Dayle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:01 am 

smackela wrote:
I don't quite understand why we're 20-ish cars short this year, though I suspect it has to do with the location of the Runoffs.

We've seen lower car counts at most events (regionals and majors) this year. We've started calling it "Indy Hangover". It goes like this: The SCCA allowed anyone with a paw print to run at Indy. A lot of folks who are not normally interested in the Runoffs jumped at the chance to race there (naturally....who wouldn't?). Indy was expensive. Knowing that the Runoffs were out west in 2018, they mortgaged their 2018 season to fund the Indy effort.

WMR also saw the handwriting on the wall. We knew 2018 was going to be a lean year. We were scrupulous with our 2017 profits and put them to good work. We budgeted for a much smaller car count this year and so we're pleased with the 96 entries we have. We'll be profitable and try to put on the usual, high quality, fun event.

I'd like to think we'll be back at full strength next year but we'll have to wait and see.

Dayle