prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm 

216 total entries with about a week to go before online registration closes. Great HP field (11 entries) but FP is still light (3 entries). I'm thinking I will run one of the races in FP with the HP motor to try to finalize my Runoff requirements for both classes this year.

E Production
12 .. Carr, Joe .. 1985 Pontiac Fiero .. Petaluma, CA
50 .. Downey, Aaron .. 1976 Mazda RX-3 .. Rossmoor, CA
2 .. Droese, Brandon .. 1987 Mazda RX7 .. Goleta, CA
96 .. Graham, Wayne .. 1984 Mazda RX7 .. Santa Barbara, CA
4 .. McCready, Glen .. 2006 Mazda MX-5 .. Redwood City, CA
92 .. Mueller, John .. 1985 Mazda RX7 .. Costa Mesa, CA
29 .. Raymond, Garey .. 1976 Porsche 914 .. Los Angeles, CA
96 .. Swifts, Kale .. 1990 Mazda RX7 .. Surrey, BC

F Production
40 .. Hartman, Bill .. 1963 Lotus Super 7 .. Yuba City, CA
77 .. Huffaker, Joe .. MG Midget .. Petaluma, CA
7 .. Okell, Bill .. 1992 Austin Healey Sprite .. Victoria, BC

H Production
5 .. Bachman, Mike .. 1960 Sprite MK I .. San Jose, CA
9 .. Becker, Jonathon .. 1967 Austin Mini .. Martinez, CA
18 .. Beyer, Bobby .. 2008 Toyota Yaris .. Mission Viejo, CA
32 .. Cummings, Michael .. 1964 Austin Healey Sprite .. Martinez, CA
11 .. Fleming, Lee .. MG Midget .. Lake Forest, CA
99 .. Isley, Jason .. 2015 Toyota Yaris .. Coto de Caza, CA
21 .. Linn, Brian .. 1972 MG Midget .. Hermosa Beach, CA
43 .. Markos, Cory .. 1987 Honda CRX Si .. Riverside, CA
19 .. Thurston, David .. 1975 Fiat X1/9 .. Tustin, CA
24 .. Valentine, Ben .. 1970 MG Midget .. Fullerton, CA
33 .. Wittman, Gary .. 1961 Austin Healey Sprite .. Costa Mesa, CA

GTL
38 .. Ermish, Troy .. 1971 Datsun 510 .. Tracy, CA
95 .. Linerud, Tim .. 1983 Volkswagen GTI .. Belmont, CA
7 .. Okell, Bill .. 1992 Austin Healey Sprite .. Victoria, BC

B Spec
17 .. Gersch, Joseph .. Mazda Mazda 2 .. Conroe, TX
91 .. Lovewell, Scott .. 2011 Mini cooper .. Modesto, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:20 pm 

Looks like we are going to have some nice weather, mid 70s to low 80 over three days. That may not be ideal for best track times but my old body will like it. Interesting to see HP has near 37% of the entries of the 5 class group of 30 cars. HP class sure has increased in size in CA over the past few years. Should be a fun weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am 

https://youtu.be/QSYWPdHfQsI

I will let others post on their respective race results. I went up Saturday to help a bit and watch. Saw some great racing on a beautiful day. Above is a link to some video I shot of Group 4.

Craig Bryant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 am 

Thanks for the video. Was there a hiccup someplace which allowed the #99 car to advance and hang with the E cars during the first lap?

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:39 pm 

David Dewhurst wrote:
Thanks for the video. Was there a hiccup someplace which allowed the #99 car to advance and hang with the E cars during the first lap?

About half the E cars started behind Brian and I, for whatever reason a number of them did not have good qualifying times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm 

David Dewhurst wrote:
yes, it was in the classification of that car into HP :D

Besides that, Jason and I had a very close race and very close fastest laps, but he was better on both accounts. Video to come...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:40 pm 

Thanks guys!! :mrgreen:

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:50 pm 

My in-car from Saturday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1rdiM ... e=youtu.be

My "over-dog" car bested Brian's fossil by 0.037sec for the new lap record, and we finished 0.784sec apart after 13 laps of racing. We really should do something to slow these old cars down so more new cars show up. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:48 am 

Great weekend of racing at Buttonwillow with really good weather. It can be quite hot in the desert here but it was very pleasant all weekend. The track free dinner was very good too. Cal Club always puts on a great event.
results from the weekend: https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Race/67084

Jason and I qualified near the pointy end of the grid with the Yaris a tick faster (but 2+ sec faster than last year). I think I led twice, probably for a total of 200 ft. I was never far behind, but with the layout of the track (straights after every passing zone) I couldn't ever use my car's advantage to build a lead. In the end it was very satisfying to have that full race of just trying to attack. Jason's fastest lap was .037 quicker than mine and good enough for a new track record.

video part 1 https://youtu.be/xCSt7Wyq7J4 part 2https://youtu.be/WM1nLjN5x9U

In EP Glen McCready beat Aaron Downey on Sat by 14 sec. With new tires and after a little argy bargy at the start, Aaron won on Sunday. McCready set a new lap record.
Huffaker was REALLY fast in FP during qualifying! He is going to be tough to beat this year. He let up a little in the race but still good enough for a new lap record. He ran GTL on Sunday, hoping to have some fun with Ermish.

We lost some of our HP depth during qualifying. Ben Valentine broke something on his front on his front upright. Gary Wittman came in on the hook with signs of oil on the back. I didn't see him after that. Mike Bachman also came in on the hook with a broken heim on his rear suspension. He found a replacement and returned to the fray.

Had some drama on the way home. Guy pulls up next to me to tell me I have a flat trailer tire. Thought that was odd because I can usually feel that. Look back to see it smoking. Pull over and it's the bearing but now on fire. Even though it was a small fire, thoughts quickly race through your head on what could happen. Came the last 100 miles on 3 tires. My dad and I moved as much weight from the trailer to the van and kept it at 50mph or less.

Thanks to David Kizer, Noel Hayward and my dad for joining in for the fun over the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 pm 

BLinn wrote:

Jason and I qualified near the pointy end of the grid with the Yaris a tick faster (but 2+ sec faster than last year). I think I led twice, probably for a total of 200 ft. I was never far behind, but with the layout of the track (straights after every passing zone) I couldn't ever use my car's advantage to build a lead. In the end it was very satisfying to have that full race of just trying to attack. Jason's fastest lap was .037 quicker than mine and good enough for a new track record.

In EP Glen McCready beat Aaron Downey on Sat by 14 sec. With new tires and after a little argy bargy at the start, Aaron won on Sunday. McCready set a new lap record.
Huffaker was REALLY fast in FP during qualifying! He is going to be tough to beat this year. He let up a little in the race but still good enough for a new lap record. He ran GTL on Sunday, hoping to have some fun with Ermish.

We lost some of our HP depth during qualifying. Ben Valentine broke something on his front on his front upright. Gary Wittman came in on the hook with signs of oil on the back. I didn't see him after that. Mike Bachman also came in on the hook with a broken heim on his rear suspension. He found a replacement and returned to the fray.

Had some drama on the way home. Guy pulls up next to me to tell me I have a flat trailer tire. Thought that was odd because I can usually feel that. Look back to see it smoking. Pull over and it's the bearing but now on fire. Even though it was a small fire, thoughts quickly race through your head on what could happen. Came the last 100 miles on 3 tires. My dad and I moved as much weight from the trailer to the van and kept it at 50mph or less.

Thanks to David Kizer, Noel Hayward and my dad for joining in for the fun over the weekend.

In 2017 I brought the wrong tires, was certainly off the pace.

The weather and track conditions appeared to be prime for setting records, since EP/FP/HP/GTL/SM/SRF3/P2/BS/FB/FC/FE/FE2(new class)/FM/GT1/GT3/STU/T3 all set new records over the weekend. :shock: I would say anyone that didn't set a personal best for that configuration slowed down.

Previous records for E/F/H were set at the 2017 Majors.
EP Downey 1:57.877, now 1:55.492 by McCready
FP Correia 2:03.694, now 1:59.902 by Huffaker - also set the GTL record at 1:58.360
HP Linn 2:04.037, now 2:03.193 by me