prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:28 am 

racer_tim wrote:
Brian, what is "Race for RP" ?

Race for RP (“Relapsing Polychondritis”)

Race for RP supports research, awareness programs, and care for those who are affected by relapsing polychondritis ("RP") and related diseases. RP is a rare, debilitating, and in some cases, fatal disease that attacks the patient's cartilage, including in the ears, nose, joints, and lungs.

I have an extended family member that has RP, which is an autoimmune disease, and is behind the Race for RP campaign. My dad has MS which is another type of autoimmune disease.

Thanks for asking!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:41 am 

BLinn wrote:
... Thanks to Cal Club for a great event and all the corner workers that put up with the cold weather so we could get out on track. One last positive note for me was that I was able to design and produce the trophies for the weekend. I've heard some positive feedback - hope you liked them. Any feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated to help the next round.

Brian,

The trophy's were great and a nice change of pace. There were plenty of good battles in your race group so it was fun to watch.

We completed our first race with a new gearbox and I'm very happy with it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm 

BLinn wrote:
Gary Wittman wrote:

On Sunday I made the mistake of messing with my brakes. I had new master cylinders in this weekend at the pedal was higher than I wanted. I knew I was close to have not enough free play. I adjusted it, then thought better of it and thought it was back in the same spot. Apparently not. I can feel it really slowing and realize what I've done. So I start to look for a spot to pull off when it just stops dead in it's tracks. Who's the dork that parks it on the track??? Tow truck comes out and has to lift it while the track is hot. The straps keep sliding up the cage and it's standing on the nose. I ran back and popped off the spoiler before it broke, but the spoiler mounts eventually busted off. Sucks but I take some responsibility because of my mechanical error and then parking it on the track.

I know that feeling... Did that same thing last season!!!!

#44 Jaxon Motorsports HP Spitfire
New England Region
2006 NARRC GP CHAMPION