prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: H Production at NOLA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:45 am 

Looks like it will be an HP fest at NOLA.

Post subject: Re: H Production at NOLA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 am 

entry list for NOLA Hoosier Super Tour: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/0F8C2A7D-09D2-2A4C-54BC0A782E579C3F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 am 

And 13 out of 15 STL cars are Mazda's. Their off season "competition adjustments" have worked! Much success! :lol:

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 am 

.. Most of those 13 STL Mazdas were out last year as well, and most are dedicated STL builds.. Class is growing and has good talent. Leverone and Steyn are holy s*** fast. Rivera is always fast with what he's got into the car, but does it on fraction of the budget that the Florida boys are bringing to the table.

That should be a good race to watch.

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm 

Is Christopher Salyer any relation to Ralph Salyer, plumber from Hammond, IN, that ran 2 Cheetahs back in the '60s?

RJS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 pm 

R. J. Sorensen wrote:
Is Christopher Salyer any relation to Ralph Salyer, plumber from Hammond, IN, that ran 2 Cheetahs back in the '60s?

RJS

I doubt it, but it's possible since I don't know his full pedigree. I do know he's James Rogerson's grandson and races James' old HP Civic.

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:17 am 

Riley is no relation to Ralph. He is in fact my grandson and been hanging out with me at the track full time every summer since he was 9. He is now 14, turns 15 in May. He set new track record Sunday after getting boxed out at the start due to Kosdroski's slowing and throwing the lines out of kilter. He worked his way back up to 3rd in class and set a new HP track record in the process. Missed second by half a car.
Really made my weekend much better than it would have been if he hadn't been there. We ran all day Friday testing setup and thought we had the car running really good and handling much better. Saturday I start the race and lose at least one cylinder if not two. Hit oil and spin coming up on the last lap and think that the car finally broke, cut across the grass and come into the pits. Guess it is the fuel pump as we are only making 42 PSI. Go buy a Mustang pump and fab a fit. Now we have 55 PSI, which is what we've been running. Start Q on Sunday and run 3/4 a lap before it lays down a little and then goes bad again after 1 1/2 laps. Come in and the psi is back at 42. Adjust the regulator up to 60 PSI and start the race. It runs pretty good until we start and going down to turn one it begins to miss. Due to the start fiasco I am trapped back behind almost everyone. I pass back to 4th and nurse the car around to take 3rd thanks to Eric breaking his differential. We are at a loss as to what is going on with the car.

Really cool to have Riley on the podium with me after the race. Embarrassed him, but I didn't care. Great 72nd birthday present for me to have my 14 yo grandson racing with me and doing well.

James -r

ps. Since he knew that I had once held the track record he told me, "This proves I'm faster than you." I told him just here at NOLA. He has a couple more to break to catch me. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:15 am 

Congrats Riley and James!