prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:10 am 

Come on out for the "Last Chance" Majors at Grattan Raceway. It's last Major in the GLDiv, NorCon and the SCCA.....the last one folks. Need points or finishes? Then come on out to Grattan for a fun weekend of racing.

WMR strives to put on the best event we can and this race weekend is no exception. Last week we threw a virgin into a volcano in Indonesia under a full moon so we'd have good weather. We have the usual GREAT Saturday night dinner party with Q-It-Up doing the catering. And, of course, one lucky driver will walk away with a free entry. Grattan is a treacherous, technical and exciting track and if you haven't raced on it before, give it a try and you will not be disappointed.

Enter on or before 7/17 and the fee is $400 for a check, $425 for a credit card. Add $75 for an entry after 7/18. Due to the changes in Majors this year, this is $50 cheaper than last year.

Go to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com for details and to register. As always, if you have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to contact me offline (hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com) and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:33 am 

Bump.....

OK, the SBR/DET Major at GingerMan has been run.....and a great event it was. The weather was awesome and the fields were really big (230 ish cars). But now its time to think about the next event on this side of the lake.

Registration is open at www.wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com for the "Last Chance Majors at Grattan". The track is a hoot and you will not have a better track dinner Saturday night. Our caterers are the very best.

Remember, entries after 7/17 (next Monday) will be $75 higher. Its time to make a decision about entering our race. We will not charge your credit card until the close of registration (8/4). There is also NO penalty for entering now and withdrawing before the close of registration.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 am 

Bump (again).....

Just a reminder, Early Bird registration closes at midnight ET tonight. Entries after that time will be $75 higher. We will not charge your credit card until the close of registration (8/4). There is also NO penalty for entering now and withdrawing before the close of registration. We are way ahead of last year's entries pace so it looks like there will be large fields for all race groups.

Please contact offline (hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com) me if you have any questions.

Dayle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:47 pm 

Late fees are really annoying. I can understand a little something for a paper entry at the track, but 75 bucks for an online entry 3 weeks before the event?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 pm 

dhrmx5 wrote:
Late fees are really annoying. I can understand a little something for a paper entry at the track, but 75 bucks for an online entry 3 weeks before the event?

First, this isn't a late fee. We're rewarding drivers who enter early with a lower "early bird" fee. We have a late fee that is tacked on for those who enter our event after registration is closed (8/4).

Second, this "early bird" price break is just one of several things that the racing regions in our division have done to encourage drivers to sign up earlier. The beauty (and curse) of MSR is that it's so easy to enter an event that it could be done just days beforehand. By that time decisions had already been made on a variety of things (dinner head count, worker gifts, etc.) and, invariably, we'd be forced to over estimate.....over estimating costs the region a lot of money. Regions can't afford to lose money on races so we have to pass on those costs to drivers.

We tried using non-monetary persuasion but that didn't work. Drivers, like most of us, respond to financial stimuli. We asked drivers to sign up earlier but that didn't have to much impact. We tried smaller "early bird" increases and that wasn't too effective either. Only when we increased it to $75, was there a noticeable effect.

So while a late fee may annoy you, it's part of a multi-faceted plan to help foster a "sign up early" mindset within the driver corps. It's working up here in GLDiv (I have no idea where you are) as our racing regions are doing much better in the last few years. Only by coordinating effort were we able to get a division wide policy in place. If we can keep our costs down, we can keep entry fees down.

Please feel free to email me offline and I'll be happy to elaborate further.

Dayle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 am 

Bump.....

Just a quick reminder........registration closes tonight at midnight ET for this event. There is a $75 late registration fee if you enter after today. If you think you want to make this race and aren't sure, register anyway. Its easier on the registrar to cancel an entry than to create one at the last minute or at the track.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com.

Dayle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:34 am 

nobody works harder or is more driver-friendly than Dayle. i can state this based on all the assistance he gave us a couple years ago when we went to MIS for a Major and also having watched him for years here and other places. its a really tough, often thankless task organizing races so i give the folks doing it a lot of latitude in what works best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:54 pm 

I have no complaints about how they do it. I was simply pointing out that I dislike late fees and that 3 weeks out was a little early IMO.

Multiple times I have happened by the track for the hell of it and after watching a few groups I get the bug to run, but then that pesky late fee rears its head and I say the heck with it. I asked the region to turn the "late" into an "early entry" down payment on my next race weekend with the region. That way they got their pound of flesh and I got something if I showed up for their next race weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:46 pm 

The prices and the dates are listed in the supps, and this is definitely a "low cost" Major. Looking at my checkbook, this will be the cheapest entry fee of the year. $410 for Grattan vs $660 for the Watkins Glen event. (Both worth it in my opinion).

+1 on Dayle working with us on events. Two years ago, had a business trip emergency and Dayle helped me with the registration process.