Lap Record Archive - New

I'll add it if someone has the data. I know it was just re-certified. Is the layout different now? Happy to add whatever anyone can get their hands on.

The club course length at Mid Ohio isn't right. It says 2.28 and it's more like 2.4. Can't remember the "exact" official length off hand.

John McFarland":200sqiba said:
The club course length at Mid Ohio isn't right. It says 2.28 and it's more like 2.4. Can't remember the "exact" official length off hand.

There are two different track lengths for MOH
2.258 is the Pro course
2.28 is the club course. For many years, this was 2.4 but was later re-measured.

Set today, new FP record at Grattan Raceway:
Peter Morton - Lotus Super 7 - 1:25.753

He was just hooked up like mad today.

6/2/10

Added PPIR 1.4 updates
Added HPR 2.0 updates
Added Grattan update
Added HPT Pre-07 Runoffs Records

Randy Wagner set a new lap record in F-Prod at Barber Motorsports Park this Sunday with a 1:46.395.

I did a 1:45.607 in qualifying, but could only manage a 1:46.525 in the race. I got the race win, but Randy pressed hard and managed to get the best lap time.
Congrats Randy! It was fun racing with you!
Len

I just noticed that all 4 Production class track records at Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) are MANY years old and all are held by ancient British iron.

Can that be right?

RJS

R. J. Sorensen":1vubwtx8 said:
I just noticed that all 4 Production class track records at Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) are MANY years old and all are held by ancient British iron.

Can that be right?

RJS
That according to the Great Lakes Web site.

I suspect that there were either errors at some point that they never went back and corrected (like an erroneous stopwatch time) or the track was just much faster back then. Odd that the FP record is much faster than the EP record. I'll defer to the Timing officials from that region.

The Watkins Glen short coarse record was reset by Tom Campbell on 9/19/10 at a 1.29.402 (98.656) in FP. Thanks
Chris

EPrill":12yu38l3 said:
R. J. Sorensen":12yu38l3 said:

Can that be right?

RJS
That according to the Great Lakes Web site.

I suspect that there were either errors at some point that they never went back and corrected (like an erroneous stopwatch time) or the track was just much faster back then. Odd that the FP record is much faster than the EP record. I'll defer to the Timing officials from that region.
No, I bet that's right. There had been very few Nationals held there over the past decade, and the speed potential of the track went down drastically every year as its condition got worse and worse. I set the ITA record there in 2006, yet at the 2008 event in a MUCH more improved car, I couldn't come within two seconds of that track record time. To further prove how bad it had become, at Mid Ohio over that same period of time, I dropped my ITA lap time by almost two seconds. In May of 2009, the first National was held there in years (and was the last event there ever), and the best lap times Mason Workman and I could muster up in FP were 1:46.7's, over 4 seconds off Rick's track record.

IRP was a faster track back then. The track deteriorated more-so in the '00s, not to mention the races took place during the 4th of July weekend meaning it was hot and or storming. The fastest year was in 2005 for FP when Sargis, Haynes and Workman ran 1:44s, Griesinger 1:45 and Chima 1:46. Other than that, times in 2004 were slower and '06 were slightly slower than in '05.

F production cars running faster than E cars was not that odd at IRP. F cars were able to keep more speed through the early part of the track and use their momentum to gain an advantage. E prod cars strength came on the dragstrip straight.

Back