Sebring HP LR

Wow.

If my car went around a corner like that they’d make me run a second restrictor.

Nice driving

Thanks, I think.
It has a new setup this year. Same tired engine but it keeps enough oil inside for 40 min. I describe driving it hard is like doing surgery with a hammer. Welded diff, rear toe out, wobbly bushings . fast but not overly precise.

I think I just wrecked 12 times during that lap.

Wait, what? There's 17 corners? OK, 17 times.

Just sayin'.

The "Ogren-lingo" for this type of handling is "crisp".

I have experienced his prep like this in several cars. Never got bored, or complacent. Mostly, just screaming in terror, mid- to off-. Welded diff = DO NOT LIFT, lest you "become one with the wall".

Mad Mike has his own glossary, and generally needs sub-titles or closed captioning for the rest of us to fathom what he's talking about. Michael is easier to understand.

John Walsh":29wulyfk said:
The "Ogren-lingo" for this type of handling is "crisp".

I have experienced his prep like this in several cars. Never got bored, or complacent. Mostly, just screaming in terror, mid- to off-. Welded diff = DO NOT LIFT, lest you "become one with the wall".

Mad Mike has his own glossary, and generally needs sub-titles or closed captioning for the rest of us to fathom what he's talking about. Michael is easier to understand.
:lol:
I had the opportunity to meet him once at a NOLA race. Can confirm! I had a master cyl go out during the race. I was able to finish the race at least, but one of the pedals wasn't working well anymore (I forget brake or clutch now). While I was scratching my head about the "proper" way to do things and where to find a part for a 1982 RX7, he was yelling at me from the next pit spot over to get my ass in gear and get it done. He'd be done and back on the track by now (even though I didn't need it done until the next day). :) Before I could get a plan together, he yanked the dead cylinder out of my hand and took it back to his spot and tore it down to show me the dead seal.

Some days ya just gotta quit thinkin' and start doin' !!

I wound up buying a spare Miata master from Matt Reynolds and scavenged the piston and seals to fit mine.

Back