BMW 318i SCCA H Production

Dave V

H Prod BMW 318i.

1800 cc Fuel injected M10 engine, 5 spd trans
Koni adjustable dampers, Ground Control adjustable strut mounts, GC adjustable spring seats, and GC rear shock mounts. Eibach springs.
New pressure plate and clutch, Factory LSD
New “well cell” fuel cell
New Optima battery
Belts good thru 2023

3 sets of 15x7 wheels with old tires

Custom professional roll cage (Angry Sheep Racing)
Fiberglass hood and fender flairs.

Currently has a stock motor installed, race motor out of car for refresh.

SCCA logbook

Spares: transmission, cylinder head, hood, doors, fenders, trunk, Windshield.
Complete 325i rear crossmember, suspension and brakes (easy bolt on rear disc upgrade)

email: [email protected]

$8900.

Attachments

• DSCN0413.JPG
    DSCN0413.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 8,255
My five port head and 1 1/4" stock carbs are of one mind, in that this is yet another car that really shouldn't be H prod - just bitchin. :snooty:

I looked at this car a while back and it is very well built/prepared. I ended up redoubling my efforts on getting my MGB together, but I was sorely tempted.

GLWTS.

It is once again available. With the reclassification to H Prod, I think it has the potential to be very competitive. Also vintage eligible.

I agree with Mike on this, I don't think this does anything to expand the class, but it certainly discourages some of the smaller-engine
cars from even showing up. But I have to think that is the goal of the club in the end

And anyway, that is what the BMW's washers and the wipers are for, to clean off the bugs [eyes]

rick haynes

It's enough to limit my racing to regional racing when the reason I bought the car I have now was to take a shot at a runoffs spot. Not too long after that I was up to my ass in VWs etc. Nothing exciting about going to the race track knowing you have no chance to win.

Bob

Bob, Rick, Mike,
How about you let Dave sell his car and take the politics of the situation to a different thread. Would you like it if someone stepped all over your “for sale” thread?

Dayle

Dayle
I could not disagree with you more, Nothing said by anybody will detract from the car or discourage anyone from buying it.
In fact, just the opposite is true. It is being acknowledged by current racers that might have to run against this car that it will be very competitive and they are worried about it. That and the number of new posts being generated is the best advertising Dave V could possibly ask for.

And I don't think it is your responsibility to police what another member wishes to say.

rick haynes

Agreed Rick .
This chassis is my favorite race car . Not the fastest and will take some cubic dollars to get near the front .
The Board has done a great job keeping the older LBC in the game . They still hold many lap records . Many cars are players today .

At its current asking price it sure would be a money making deal to buy and campaign, if the domination theory proves correct.

The car is in my "back yard" and would be willing to assist Dave and the potential buyer in looking at the car (again :wink: ). It is a great start for a prod car and I'd like to purchase it myself, but the timing is just wrong for me. Would love to do the engine development work for the M10.

With the 2024 RunOffs at Road America, I feel this car has the potential to be very competitive in H Prod.
Open to offers

Back