SOLD :MGB motor 5 Main

vintagehistoric

SOLD

REVISION :
Blame it on brain fade or just plain stupidity, I'm pretty embarrassed to say that this is actually a 5 main motor. Took the dust cover off for some pictures and I was stunned I had listed it incorrectly.

New Price $2500 FRESHENED 5 main motor that has been buttoned up and in storage with the valves loose. New rings and bearings, oil pump and other items as needed. Turned over regularly, never fired.
Around 12:1 , long Carrillo rods, short flat top JE pistons, new rings, OMP clutch with twin friction plates, ARP, very light steel flywheel, SFI Spec 18.1 front pulley (I can't find a manufacturer name on it. Has a serial number though.) Aluminum oil pan, aluminum back plate, lightened rockers with upgraded towers, stock crank. Cometic MLS head gasket, lip seal on the rear main, 45D with Ignitor, externally adjustable oil pressure.

Can't find the cam specs right now, but it is a Nissan oil drive and was fresh with new lifters. Has a small diameter pilot bush that fits the MGA input shaft. All top drawer stuff, but I consider this to be freshened, not a full rebuild with all new parts.
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Back